Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one resounding 'WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!' for West Ham earning their place in the Premier League rather than just sitting back and hoping Sheffield United did their job for them.

A pity to see those heartless, gutless Wigan bastards stay down. Just admit you're a league town so the few people who bother to show up to Wigan games can go back to watching the Warriors.

Just one resounding 'WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!' for West Ham earning their place in the Premier League rather than just sitting back and hoping Sheffield United did their job for them.

A pity to see those heartless, gutless Wigan bastards stay down. Just admit you're a league town so the few people who bother to show up to Wigan games can go back to watching the Warriors.

Yeah, just like you very rarely make comments like that about Wigan often.

Anyway.

The funniest part of this whole thing, all those supporting West Ham through this said "if they stay up because of what they did on the pitch, then they deserve to, nothing to do with the transfer!" yet the same people have since said "Fucking Wigan, Sheffield United deserved to go down less than Wigan did!"

Doesn't that completely make their previous point invalid? I'm not saying anyone specific here did it, I've just already seen it being said around.

:lol:

I guess that's the painful paradox of the Premiership. Going into last night's fixtures, Sheffield United were in the box seat and perhaps had been the more consistent team over the year - yet it was them who relegated. As the commentary team said (or it might have been the post game Aussie analysis), Sheffield can only blame themselves. They'd turned their home ground into a virtual fortress, yet showed no resilience at all in the game where it mattered. They had a good break on the drop zone with weeks to go - yet continually let results slip on their way. Wigan were guilty of the same, but Jewell (cunt though he may be) did enough to get them fired up on the day where only a win was necessary.

And while I think Jewell is a bitter, whinging bitch - I'm glad we'll get to see more Leighton Baines sexiness in the Premiership next year.

Yeah i am bringing up the Tevez thing again, not to argue just wondering about a few things, and before you ask i am not a Burnley fan but i support West Ham in a sense.

Mainly curious if anything like this has happened in the past? And if so what punishments were taken? Seems little redundant to me to be arguing about them not being punished correctly when the only marker they can go off was involved in a cup not a league. Just to clarify not calling the people arging it redudant, even though y'all are cunts to each other anyways, just the argument about the punishment not being wrong.

Other thing i was curious about when i was reading about the transfer when it happened back in August 06 the mention of a third party ownership was brought up then, if the media were aware of this then wouldn't the FA been aware of it? Also is their a statement saying they withheld the documents? Just would like to see a credible one, the BBC one really didn't state that documents were hidden rather that the agreement between the third party had been terminated?

Another thing, yeah i am rambling, if the transfer of Tevez was illegal then the transfer of Mascherano was illegal so should he of been allowed to sign for Liverpool, not only that but isn't their a rule on the number of different clubs a player can play for in one season?

Also stating that West Ham would of go down if Tevez hadn't of been playing for them seems a little off for me, as it was the team and manager that got the 7 wins out of the last 9 games, i think if any player in the team is awarded as the person who kept the team up it should be Robert Green, kept Arsenal, Manchester Utd and others teams out with fantastic performances.

Anyway i'll list what i think is team of season. Outside of Man Utd & Chelsea :)

GK - David James

DL - Gareth Barry

DR - Phil Neville

DC - Daniel Agger

DC - Jamie Carragher

ML - Morten Gamst Pederson

MR - Ashley Young

MC - Steven Gerrard

MC - Gilberto Silva

FC - Dimitar Berbatov

FC - Benni McCarthy (Bah Humbug!)

S1 - Ben Foster

S2 - Matthew Taylor

S3 - Phil Jagielka

S4 - Mark Viduka

S5 - Thomas Rosicky

I'm sure you add subs for team of season...could just be FM imprinted in my mind though.

Edited by Furlong

Jewell resigns as Wigan manager

Paul Jewell has resigned as Wigan boss - less than 24 hours after saving the Premiership club from relegation on the final day of the season. Wigan confirmed to BBC North West that Jewell had left his post and they will hold a news conference at 1500 BST. Jewell's exit comes after the drama of beating Sheffield United 2-1 on Sunday to ensure Wigan's top-flight status. He has been linked with Manchester City where manager Stuart Pearce could make way if a takeover of the club succeeds.

Jewell joined Wigan in June 2001 from Sheffield Wednesday. He guided The Latics to the League One title in 2002-03 and in 2004-05 they finished runners-up to Sunderland in the Championship to reach the top flight for the first time in their history. Under Jewell, Wigan surprised many pundits by surviving comfortably in their first season, finishing 10th and also reaching the Carling Cup final.

Previously, Jewell had taken Bradford into the Premiership where he masterminded a similar last-day survival for the Bantams. Wigan chairman Dave Whelan offered Jewell a job for life at the JJB Stadium outfit last year but also said he would not stand in his way if he had an offer from a bigger club.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Martins goes missing

Monday 14 May 2007

Reports from the north-east suggest Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins has walked out on the club and looks certain to be playing his football elsewhere next season.

The news comes in the wake of caretaker manager Nigel Pearson's decision to drop Charles N'Zogbia from the substitute's bench for the draw with Watford.

The Newcastle Chronicle has quoted a United source as saying: "When the team reported on Saturday for training, Oba Martins declared himself unfit, even though the medical people could find nothing wrong with him.

"He didn't want to travel, but Nigel Pearson and Lee Clark, who were in charge of the team, told him he had to get on the plane and that he would have to undergo a fitness test at Watford yesterday morning.

"On Sunday morning he did not have a fitness test but declared himself unfit. He said that he had no intention of going to Vicarage Road, even though he was ordered to by the coaches as he was still a member of the squad and everyone should stick together.

"As a result, Martins did not go to Vicarage Road. He did not fly back with the team and at this moment in time nobody knows where he is."

The 22-year-old Nigeria international has scored 17 goals in 46 appearances for Newcastle since his £10million transfer from Internazionale last summer.

No-show N'Zogbia slammed

Monday 14 May 2007

Charles N'Zogbia's Newcastle United future is in doubt after he refused to sit on the substitute's bench at Watford on Sunday.

The 20-year-old was unhappy with caretaker-manager Nigel Pearson's decision to axe him from the starting eleven and may now be heading out of St James' Park.

Charles N'Zogbia Newcastle United 2006/07 profile size

CHARLES N'ZOGBIA

"Charles was on the bench originally, but I changed it. He did not really want to be there (on the bench)," said Pearson.

"I have no idea whether he stayed at the ground to watch the game.

"You can make your own judgements about it, but it is very important that everyone associated with the club acts in a professional manner.

"Will there be disciplinary action taken? That is something for this week."

N'Zogbia has made 95 appearances for the Magpies and scored six goals.

Newcastle are falling apart.

Sounds like Martins and N'Zogbia are acting like spoilt kids.

I'd say I'd get them shipped out, but Newcastle really can't afford to =\

Surprised at the Jewell resignation. I think Allardyce will be at Newcastle next season, couldn't care less were Jewell ends up.