"Wait for it...Wait for it...Now!"

Pepsi

"Wait for it....Wait for it.....Now!"

Ok...so someone said this today and I know I have heard it before, recently. Can anyone name some movies that have this quote in it? I think it was some kind of battle or war movie. It's been driving me crazy all day.

Guest Ringy Bangs Dennis' Mom

I think it's used in a lot of movies/TV shows really, I can remember it being said on the Simpsons in that episode where they were waiting for the world to end, Kindergarten Cop or even Ghostbusters, but I've also heard from a friend that it originated in an episode of MASH once, so I am not sure.

Im sure it's been around several movies/show, oe that I recall is in Braveheart...I think...

I thought that too but he actually says "Hold....Hold..."

Does he really say "wait for it...wait for it..." in Ghostbusters? I coulda sworn in was in some kind of war movie.

No he doesn't as far as I remember. The bit Ringy might be thinking of in Ghostbusters 2 where Ray is Vigo...and stuff. But nah, not "wait for it".

Fanku's right.

That exact phrase is used in Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

Ghostbusters don't say "Wait for it!" or "Hold it!" I don't think. I haven't seen Ghostbusters 2 in forever, and I don't recall them saying it in the first one so I'd say no to the Ghostbusters movies.

But other than that, I'm sure there could be another one.

I actually remember this from Army of Darkness. When the Army of the Dead are approaching King Arthur's castle Ash is instructing everybody to wait before they fire their arrows. The archers are getting nervous considering these arrows have gun powder charges on them. Finally Ash orders them with "Now" and they release.

I actually remember this from Army of Darkness. When the Army of the Dead are approaching King Arthur's castle Ash is instructing everybody to wait before they fire their arrows. The archers are getting nervous considering these arrows have gun powder charges on them. Finally Ash orders them with "Now" and they release.

<3 Army Of Darkness

It seems like a fairly routine statement, especially if it's something like a war film, I don't think it's "from" anywhere, per sé.

Yes! I was hoping you'd reply back to that one, Midget. And I'm also glad someone appreciates Cave Dwellers as much as I do. The doorbell bit with the pec is one of my favorite MST3K gags ever. "Ding.... dong."