Football Manager 2007

Dan

Problem is I haven't got any gaps, still in the UEFA and FA Cups (quarters and semis respectively), which is weird seeing as my poor form doesn't seem to be affecting them at all.

I'm going to experiment with a few formations and just try to grind out some results. Won't be easy though, my upcoming fixtures are; Celtic (away), Wigan (away), Ipswich (home), Celtic (home), then Chelsea, United and Liverpool in the space of five days. Wonderful.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay well after getting a laptop for xmas i have now got a decent pc which runs Footy Manager super fast with the English, Spanish, Italian, Scottish and dutch leagues. compared to my old pc which struggled to run just the English leagues on its own.

Taking over my beloved Southampton i started a dismal run with the board ready to throw me out i started a run into Christmas undefeated and only 6 points off the play off spots. Then it happened one of the premier division spanish teams put in a £6million offer for top scorer rasiak and the chairman accepted it on my behalf saying it was too good to turn down :angry:

i managed to sign Greg Halford and Billy Sharp for a combined £3million to replace Rasiak and then we were rolling. Sharp scoring 5 in his first 3 games and then halford netting in seven consecutive games. we solidified ourselves into the playoff spots and were battiling West Brom for the 2nd spot. Last day of the season and we were going through on goal difference with West Brom loosing to top place and champions ipswich, then Kevin Phillips pops up for West Brom and nets two in the last minutes and leave me in third. easily dispatched Derby in the semi final of the playoffs and then went to penalties in the final against QPR. At this point couldn't actually watch the screen but when i looked up 5-4 to the saints and next season looking forward to the premiership.

straight away i became a hero with Greg Halford and Billy Sharp both being loved with the saints. and then during summer the club was taken over by a Consortium giving me £20million to spend on new signings and making sure i stayed up for the season. signed Chris Kirkland for £1million from Liverpool, Christian Veiri for free from Inter for experience, also got Anthony Vanden Borre from recently relegated seria A side Parma for £2.5 million. Also signed Danny Mills from Man City for £100k and Lucas Neill from Relegated Blackburn for £3million. Biggest signing and was shocked he signed from me was Stewart Downing from also relegated Middlesbrough for £7million may of cost quite a bit but the fans loved me for it.

Currently the first half of the season has gone surprisingly well be it opening with Champions Arsenal in the first match even with Halford scoring the first before Henry and Reyes ripped me apart for a 3-1 loss. then the first south coast derby against the pompey scum which ended in a 1-1 draw with captain Dominic Matteo scoring a last minute penalty to make it all square. 5 games in and then we went to Stamford bridge for a match which i expected to get raped in. No doubt they threw everything at us but with 4 across the middle and one just infront of the defence we battled and with Kirkland earing a man of the match display and then it happened 80th minute Stewie Downing crossed for Halford to head straight past Chec and give us the 1-0 victory!!! Was amazing and my biggest win so far this season especially a few games afterwards loosing 5-0 to Man Utd.

Well heres most of the progress so far will update it in a bit with my january signings and how im doing.

Everton: 2011 UEFA and FA Cup Winners :D

I hit form just at the right time, managing to knock out Celtic and Atletico on the way to the UEFA Cup final. Beat Genoa 1-0 in the final, with Andy Johnson bagging the winner in the 73rd minute.

Beat Man City 3-1 after extra time. We were leading through a Jimmy Bullard goal, but they equalised in the last minute. Looked to be heading for penalties as well, but Johnson scored two in the last couple of minutes to give us the win.

Leauge was really disappointing though, finished 11th after thinking we could get into the top 6. Despite the cup wins I've started a massive clearout, 5 players are already on their way, including Joleon Lescott who decided to fall out with Luizao.

Hamatchi? ;)

Didn't work... Does the person with the pirated copy have to host it?

We managed it with pirated copies all over the place with my mates, so I dont know. Could try it. And tell me if it works as I am supposed to be hosting a game soon. >_>

Just won the Carling Cup with an injury ravaged Charlton by sheer luck, the draw saw most of the strong teams draw each other and alot of small teams going on a sudden surge, Watford knocked out Man United after Heinze scored an own goal.

That left Chelsea vs Watford and Charlton vs West Ham, Bent who had a horrible season suddenly hit form and he totally made Mascherano look foolish and scored two goals to give us the win and then I found out that Watford had won on penalties against Chelsea, then I found myself with Bent,Ashton and Crouch injured, this lack of depth worried me and I was forced to play a Pakistani player who I just signed for the heck of it, who scored in the 68th minute to give us the 1-0 win:)

When I first bought FM, I did tactics for every match, trying to "outsmart" the opponent every time but it didn't go like I wanted it to go aka I didn't win everything -_- Then I started a new game and I've been playing from 2006 to 2012 without doing any tactics, only thing I do is put them in positions and that's it, and I've won Champions League two times in a row now with Ajax.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; if your team isn't performing well, just don't do any tactics, just plain and simple putting the players on positions and you might actually start winning.

Edited by Quasijuice Guerrera

Everton: 2011 UEFA and FA Cup Winners :D

I hit form just at the right time, managing to knock out Celtic and Atletico on the way to the UEFA Cup final. Beat Genoa 1-0 in the final, with Andy Johnson bagging the winner in the 73rd minute.

Beat Man City 3-1 after extra time. We were leading through a Jimmy Bullard goal, but they equalised in the last minute. Looked to be heading for penalties as well, but Johnson scored two in the last couple of minutes to give us the win.

Leauge was really disappointing though, finished 11th after thinking we could get into the top 6. Despite the cup wins I've started a massive clearout, 5 players are already on their way, including Joleon Lescott who decided to fall out with Luizao.

You managed to keep hold of Arteta and Cahill? I sold Cahill to Spurs for £18m-ish (I didn't want to, but the chairman accepted anyway), and Arteta went to Sevilla for £10m.

But yeah, my team is completely different;

GK. Ben Foster

DR. Gianluca Zambrotta (34 but still absolute quality, a bargain at £500k)

DL. Velibor Petrovic - Highly recommended by my scouts, £5.5m from Red Star)

DC. Luizao - Fell out with Lescott, but he's blatantly better so I kept him.

DC. Karl Svensson - P/ex with Newcastle for Lescott. Rotates with Didier Digard.

DMC. Denilson

MC. Christoffer Dahl/Chris James - Signed from Lyn and Walsall respectively, originally as backup but they forced their way in front of Bullard and Osman (who both left in the summer)

AMR. James Milner - Contract expired at Newcastle in the summer, not bad for a free signing.

AML. Matty Etherington - Was going to sell him, but in the last 10 games or so of last season he was our best player. Gave him a years extension, and he's carried on the good form.

FC. Peter Crouch - Player of the year last season, 23 goals and 15 assists.

FC. Darren Bent - Top scorer in the Championship for Charlton last season, bought him to replace Andy Johnson who went to Real Madrid.

Chelsea 2008/2009

GK:Petr Cech

DE:Marcelo

DC:John Terry

DC:Carles Puyol

DD:Sergio Ramos

DM:Michael Essien

AMC:Frank Lampard

AMD:Cristiano Ronaldo

AME:Arjen Robben

ST:David Villa

ST:Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Top that.

Lack of Tugay.

Osman was alright, to inconsistent for my liking though. Got a decent price for him as well, £4.5m to Sunderland.

Yobo's a bastard though, refused to sign a new contract with me and buggered off to Roma last year. Didn't have the best of seasons though, average rating of 6.17 and now he's on the transfer list.

2009/2010 with Tottenham, at 22-5-0 in the EPL, on FM06

GK: Paul Robinson (7.41)

DR: Dani Alves (7.18)

DC: Ledlely King (7.47)

DC: Gabriel Milito (7.26)

DL: Reto Ziegler (7.56)

DM: Didier Zokora (7.44)

ML: John Arne Riise (7.92)

MC: Tom Huddlestone (7.56)

MR: Aaron Lennon (7.51)

FC: Jermain Defoe (7.77)

FC: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (8.34)