Football Manager 2007

Dan

So I can't get Sturridge on a free any more, I left it too late before declaring my interest again and he resigned with Man City :(

Fred and Gyan Asamoah both have awesome stats but they're both not European, and since if I hire either one they'll be my main striker, I don't want to cope with them going off for international duty whenever they please. So I'm going to have to lower my targets a little and keep it in the continent.

I've just won eight in the trot in the league which has pulled myself up to second place, a fair distance behind Man Utd but if I win my two games in hand I'll bring that back down to three points. Although since my next two matches are Chelsea away and then Man United at home, I don't think it'll be as plain sailing as that.

I have a friendly against Australia as England on the international front, and England's talent pool is absolutely atrocious. Surprisingly Steven Gerrard is nowhere near the country's best attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder (of which I like a contrast in the centre, works well I feel), so I'm benching him in favour of a Scott Parker/Michael Carrick partnership. Which I'm annoyed about because I really want to fit Hargreaves and Gerrard in there too. Curses. :@

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my pre-season went 0-0 home to Nantes, 1-0 win away at Charlton and 1-0 win away at Basel (nice). I won my first Premiership game 1-0 home against Everton and let a 2-0 lead away at Pompey slip to 2-2 but it's a good start. However I gota make the most of my next four games (Sunderland away, Wigan home, Palace away, Norwich home) cos then I've got Chelsea away, Spurs home, Bolton away, West Ham home, Arsenal away, Man Utd home, Liverpool away...It's like all my easy games and all my hard games are grouped together. Still, glad I've got an easy start.

Money-wise I flogged a few older players but for some reason the board has kept all the money and is whinging about not having enough (how much do you get for promotion anyway?!)

I've been clever in the transfer market again bringing in Daniel O'Donnell on a season loan from Liverpool as defensive cover, Jorge Perez, a 17 year old wonderkid from Real Madrid on season loan to play in Midfield with Ballack, Stephen Yeboah, an very good attacking midifielder from Inter on a free and of course Ben Maos from United on a free.

I could do with a striker now and I'm happy (and probably a left winger although David Vaughan ain't bad).

I've also realised just how good my 18 year old defender/sweeper Reece Hutchinson is. :wub:

My Sheffield United team have to be the single most inconsistent team ever. We're currently 6th in the Premiership after a fantastic start, but now we've gotten into some poor form. When we win, we win easily, but when we go 1-0 down, their heads go down - when I lose, I get absolutely hammered. Recent defeats include 8-0 at Arsenal, and 5-0 and 7-1 at HOME to Newcastle and Portsmouth respectively. I've got Pennant coming in on loan from Liverpool, and have experienced talents such as Veron and Zanetti at my disposal but I can't put a decent run together - any tips?

We've just beaten Spurs 1-0 at home to give our best ever league or cup result. Spurs have finished fifth in the last three seasons and have built a really good squad, so the victory was extra sweet.

I look Halfredsson on loan from them for 3 months and he got my first ever 10 rating in our 3-0 victory against Norwich but he couldn't play against Spurs :(

I need to make sure I can sign him at the end of the season.

First game on the new one and first season with Stevenage getting them promoted. WOn it with 4 gams to spare which is a releif as exhaustion from getting to the JPT Fourth round, FATRophy Semi and FA Cup third round had hit us bad and I'm not sure I could have kept going. Best result though was gettng promoted convnced Georgie Boyd to sign a conrat extension, was wondering how much longer I could warn Man City off him before he demanded the opportuity to speak to them.

If you apply for a job at a club while already at a club, and you set the transfer date to end of season when you accept the offer, is there any way you can change your mind/cancel the deal? I got in a tizz when I lost 1-0 to Ipswich but now I don't want to go to West Ham and I'd rather know if I can't cancel the deal before I've played the last two months of games, because if not I'll have to go back to another save and play them all over again.

Edited by Burninating Pesci

The new patch is now available with January transfers etc. and bug fixes:

http://www.sigames.com/static/index.php

http://www.sigames.com/static/changelist.txt

Am downloading now, but reading through the thread at the SI website, it seems Beckham has been future transferred to the wrong club - Adelaide Galaxy instead of LA. I think it's been fixed, but it's only been confirmed as so in the "official" Rapidshare download link.

Five games to go in the season, I'm in 15th, only 6 points ahead of the Premiership relegation zone.

Anthony Gardner is injured.

Gary Neville is injured.

Claude Davis is injured.

Brent Sancho is injured.

Brian Wilson is injured.

Stephen Yeboah is injured.

Keith Gillespie is injured.

Michael Ballack is injured.

Jeremie Aliadiere is injured.

loan striker Fabio Romano is injured.

Yeah, spectacular. Hence a bad run of form for the last couple of months.

I'm playing with a defence that were last together in League 1. (Sylvinho was told by his doctor to retire earlier in the season)

A midfield devoid of creativity.

An attack (Torre, Aliadiere, Dixon, Romano) who have scored 12 between them all season (and Dixon's got 9 of them).

I hate the Premiership.

Although I've made some signings for next season: Lee Barnard from Spurs, Justin Hoyte from Arsenal and Alejandro Ramos from Valencia, all on free transfers.

If you apply for a job at a club while already at a club, and you set the transfer date to end of season when you accept the offer, is there any way you can change your mind/cancel the deal? I got in a tizz when I lost 1-0 to Ipswich but now I don't want to go to West Ham and I'd rather know if I can't cancel the deal before I've played the last two months of games, because if not I'll have to go back to another save and play them all over again.

We survived. 16th in our first Premiership season but man we sucked. Least goals scored in the Prem - Dixon 9, Elrich 5, Ballack 4, Crofts 3, Jarvis, Gardner, Hutchison 2, Drogba (on loan) 2, Aliadiere, Torre, Perez, Vaughan 1.

Ugh, miserable.

Still, a chance to build as long as the board decide to share some of this £20mil that the Premiership apparantly gives you for getting promoted these days...

Yeah cheers board. Thanks for the £30k in order to keep me in the Prem. :shifty:

Luckily for them I'm a free transfer genius. Just picked up Damien Duff and Wayne Routledge on free transfers as well as Alejandro Ramos joining from Valencia. Just waiting on Barnard and Hoyte to make me a a pure lower-half Premiership club.

Gotta say, once you get to 2016 or so, good players are scarce. I am having the trouble of a lifetime getting a left-back who doesn't suck and more than one striker who can get 12+ goals a season. I mean, when Leighton Baines and Gael Clichy are the best left-backs in the world something is wrong.

The future is bleak.