Football Manager 2007

Dan

Hmm, I pressed continue on the 8th January 2017 and it says a serious error has occurred and a file had been created in crashdumps (or something). I reloaded the game from where I last saved and played up to 8th January, and it did the same crash. Sound familiar to anyone?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On my Birmingham City game I've decided to look towards the future first, and signed a couple of pretty good 19 year olds.

I need to pick up some well known names though, just need to find some now though.

I think my season will be quite good, I didn't lose a single friendly, only drawing the first one 2-2 with MK Dons.

This game really likes to make me mad. First, I tie Reading with Chelsea. All because Cech can't seem to catch a ball for all he's worth. Then, in the Champions, I tie Real Madrid away, which isn't bad so that got my mood up. Then we tie Liverpool, getting TWICE as many chances as them, again thanks to Cech, except this time with some cooperation from Terry's header. Tied at the 91st minute with a miracle header from Trezeguet.

Back at the Champions we played Werden Bremen, and they went up 2-0 on the first half. In one of them, Cech didn't even react to a slow ball just crawling into goal. I switch Shevchenko with Klose(bought him because of goal drought), and we tie 2-2. Then Trezeguet scores a controversial header, for the 3rd match, I believe. After that, he scores another one from around midfield as the keeper was trying to head the corner. 4-2, until 10 seconds later they score another one, but that was it and I won 4-3.

Then we play the West Ham, which from now on will be called the butchers. They score on the FIRST MINUTE. Afterwards we tie, they injure Ballack for a month, injure Ferreira for 3 weeks, and leave Lampard bruised up. In the end, they got a tiebreaker in minute 93. And now I am extremely angry an blaming it all on Cech and A. Cole, as Cole loses the ball waaaay too often, even when I have him on defensive mentality, with no keeping the ball, etc.

I'll probably start another game as a small club, at least then when I lose it'll be more tolerable. .__.

I think I'll have to start a new game as well. I have AFC Wimbledon up in the promotion/play-off area in League 1, but my game keeps crashing. Any time I try to decline or accept job offers it says 'out of memory' (when it's clearly not and has been working fine, isn't taking up much memory, etc). And recently I've been moving on days and it'll crash during processing. :crying:

I suppose that's what happens when you reach 2013 with at least one playable league from each country.

So to help me choose my leagues wisely, I devised this list, which may help other people when choosing leagues to activate. If I've understood something in the rules page wrongly, sorry. These are the league rules (I generally prefer playing with no player limits so it's ordered as such):

No limits (except work permits):

Australia

England

Germany

Holland

Ireland

Italy

Northern Ireland

Poland

Portugal

Serbia

Spain

USA

Wales

No limits (except work permits) and specific match squad rules.

Mexico (1 U21 in first team, 99 squad max)

Belgium (2 U21s in first team)

Scotland (3 U21s in first team)

Generous limitations (ie, big talent pool to use):

Ukraine (12 non-Ukraine)

Austria (7 non-EU)

Greece (5 non-EU)

Hungary (5 non-EU)

Switzerland (5 non-EU)

Slovakia (4 non-EU)

Slovenia (3 non-EU)

Finland (3 non-EU)

France (3 non-EU)

Iceland (3 non-EU)

Sweden (3 non-EU)

Denmark (3 non-EU, 3 U21s in first team)

Norway (2 non-EU)

Russia (8 non-Russia)

Hong Kong (7 non-HK (inc. China))

Turkey (6 non-Turkey)

Pretty limited (ie, challenging to improve team):

Romania (5 non-Romania)

South Africa (5 non-South Africa)

Israel (5 non-Israel, 45 squad max)

Indonsia (5 non-Indonesia)

Belarus (4 non-Soviet)

Bulgaria (4 non-Soviet)

China (4 non-China, 4 Hong Kong, 0 non-China GKs)

Argentina (4 non-Argentina)

Croatia (4 non-Croatia)

Singapore (4 non-Singapore)

Colombia (4 non-Colombia, 2 U21s in first team, 1 U19 in first team)

Brazil (3 non-Brazil)

Chile (3 non-Chile)

Czech (3 non-Czech)

India (3 non-India)

Peru (3 non-Peru)

South Korea (3 non-South Korean)

Uruguay (3 non-Uruguay)

Malaysia (3 non-Malaysia, 1 Malaysia U21 in first team)

Edited by The Kraig

well just finished the 09/10 season still with Southampton finishing 4th and only 4 points off the top Southampton FC are into the Champions League! And out of all the teams we could draw to qualify we draw AC Milan :shifty: a 1-0 win at the San Siro sets up up for a 3-1 demolition of the once great Italian Giants and the Saints go marching in.

in other news during the summer the 2010 World Cup occoured with Italy retaining the World Cup after beating England in the 1st Round Then Brazil in the 2nd. McClaren was fired immediately and yours truly was asked to take on the team. Hell Yeah! First time ever in all FM Games i've been offered the England job once in 2005 was the South Korea manager but that lasted a month.

Drew 1-1 with the argies in the first friendly and then scraped a 1-0 win against the USA in the second friendly i arranged. Gotta admit after playing this game the longest than any other FM Game I love it. Normally after 2 seasons i quit but im hooked on this game.

Tim Cahill BEAST in CM

Pedro Leon amazing at RW

Liverpool started being shit, so I resigned. Then Frank Riijkard (or however it's spelt) took the Liverpool job so I gladly stepped in at Barcelona. £103m transfer budget, which I'm sure to have fun with. But good god, did he ever fuck them up this season. 15th place after 11 games.

I started a new game with Mansfield. They're supposed to be around lower midtable, and after about 12 games we're 11th, and everyone's happy. Yay. We also had an 8 game undefeated streak, and only won 2 of those, and we lost to the club in 3rd place. I have around 7 DRAWS ( :shifty: ) in the league, I think. We also have managed to get to the 3rd round in the FA Cup. I'm probably getting lucky on the draws(I think that's not the word...) though, since only now am I facing a L2 team.

As a side note, Lincoln are last in the league, somehow managing to survive in the FA cup, about to get crushed by Liverpool.

I think he still counts as being in your squad if he's loaned out.

In other news, I was doing a terrific job of emulating West Ham's real life performance, lying bottom with 6 to go. Then I drew 2-2 with Man Utd (2nd), beat Arsenal (then also 2nd because they'd gone above Utd) and beat Liverpool (4th).

Then I lost to Wigan ¬_¬ But we're 15th now and looking a lot healthier. Sold Ashton to 'pool for £7m, but I've still got the Argies and Tevez is on fire (Mashed Potato is doing a solid job defensively too). Brought in Claudio Reyna in the transfer window (as well as Paulo Di Canio!), and got him to hold 'crisis talks' with the team. Obviously they worked, and I made him captain.

I'll probably resign at the end of the season though. The only two players in the entire first team that haven't lost confidence in my ability are captain Reyna and first-mate Ferdinand (Reo-Coker was being a cock, and wants to go to Scouseland, so I stripped his captaincy. He hardly plays now, because Mullins is better than him as backup for Mashed Spud, and I need Noble's goals).

Edit: As an aside, can anyone give me a decent league where you can't be relegated from the bottom division, and isn't Ireland or Scotland?

Edited by Farmer Reil