• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Bayern Munich side have just entered the Winter Break;

*2nd in Bundesliga, Trailing Borussia Dortmund by four points

*Quater Finals of the German Cup after knocking out BFC Prussen, Offenbach and Werder Bremen along the way (the game against Prussen ended 14-0 with Thomas Hitzlsperger getting seven of them :P )

*A UEFA cup 1st Knockout Round tie against Manchester United after we went out of the Champions League on goal difference (Benfica and Blackburn went through at our expense)

Two of the players I’ve brought through the youth system have now represented the German national side, Andreas Ottl and Stefan Furstner.

Although i was pissed at going out of the CL despite only loosing once I think this season could return a trophy or two.

After getting relegated with Samsunspor in Turkey, I managed to bounce straight back with just four defeats in 34. Now I'm 11 games into the next season and again am battling relegation. My only guys who got double figures in goals last year left the club, and despite bringing in a couple of good early-20 strikers from Fenerbache and (relegated!!!) Besiktas for free, I've only got 3 goals in 11. I dunno why, but I managed to beat a team in my league 5-0 away, pity it was in the cup...

After finishing fourth we had a pretty hectic summer, getting rid of eight players (as well as a load of youth/reserve players on frees), and bringing in five players. Originally I was going to give my 'keeper another season, but after getting worse and worse over the last 3 months or so I signed the Australian/Alaves first choice keeper on the cheap after their finances went tits up.

Replaced two of my strikers as well, bringing in a Polish international from Real Madrid and a 30 year old Daniel Sturridge for £4.5m from Charlton. Bulked up my midfield with an AM from Valencia as well, after Denilson's loan ended I decided not to bring in a direct replacement and have decided to give my 'next John Terry' and another youngster from Norway a chance in the first team.

I think I've finally found a decent right back as well, Man Utd released a player who six or seven years ago was one of the brightest prospects in England. Didn't really break through for them, and I've been trying to get my hands on him for years. Finally got him on a free at the end of last season.

So far so good for 2019/20, 3 games in and I've won all three. 2-1 away to Spurs, 2-1 at home to West Ham and 2-0 away against Derby. Qualified for the Champions League proper as well with a 3-1 aggregate win over Greek side PAOK, and I've drawn Galatasary, Espanyol and Sampdoria in the Group Stage.

Finally, I've completely overhauled my coaching system so I've now got five stars across the board at the senior level, and four stars or above at youth level. Got a new assistant manager as well in Patrick Viera, which is just awesome.

Edited by therockbox

• Admin

Just started a new game with 30 leagues running (I :wub: my machine) as an unemployed ex-Sunday League footballer. Applied for all the vacant positions at the start of the season, and got employment offers from FC Dallas, Ajax Cape Town, Fluminense, NAC Breda, Denizilispor, Montrose and the job I've just accepted - Nantes.

Must be desperate for management to hire an unknown English pub footballer :shifty:.

Wage budget looked quite healthy at first, but was 60K over budget, so I had the remit to reduce it.

No probs I thought. Then I saw the problem. All the high earners are out on loan to other clubs, but we're paying 100% of the wages. So no recall, no termination, no free transfer. Just stuck with them for the year, which also means (after firing a ton of staff and youth squad), I'm still 40k over the budget and can't offer a contract to anyone, not even my existing players.

On the plus side, Arsenal have agreed to give me Aliadiere for the year and they'll still pay his wages.

First league game? Home to Lyon. Let's see how this career goes.

Bit of a plug, I've collected a few graphics for FM2007 and uploaded them, and if what you're looking for is there it'll be much quicker than Susie. I'm also hoping to add to the list, so if anybody has any contributions that'd be awesome. Do you have msn, Fizzle? could get all your kits up on there too.

Link is http://bsforums.co.uk and click downloads.