Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roma are on fire. Thiago Riberio and Drogba are a fantastic pairing upfront. We've one the CWC for the second year in a row (and are yet to let in a goal in that tournament). We came back from behind during a shoot out to beat River. Got a game in hand of Milan at the top of Serie A and I've told Alan Smith and an aging Perrotta to go away to Udine!

Andy Monkhouse is a legend. He rocked the house for me in an old Brentford game and he has one badass name.

He's a Monk....house. He's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out.

The monkhouse love makes me feel so good.

Watch him fight!

So is there any particular reason that I have a fuckload of injuries (to the point where for a couple of games my only sub has been my reserve keeper and I've had Richard Cresswell playing at center half) and that according to my training regime my strikers (mainly Healy) are getting WORSE at shooting and attacking despite those being the key parts of the strikers' training regime.

I don't think I'm good at this game, I'm yet to win in this new season - this is my 3rd game after twice being sacked after turning things around - and it's almost October.

What contributes to keeping possession, I've got 5* ball control training, I've tried everything in terms of tempo and passing style, yet I still have only 40% of the possession. Do my players just flat-out suck?

Your width plays a part too. I dunno if you're playing short passing with a wide width or anything, but that leaves your players further apart from eachother and makes it harder for the ball to get to a team-mate. In theory.

Edited by Pesci Soze

Where do you get set piece marking from? I just have marking. Mine was pretty much the same as yours, but less creative freedom and a deeper line, changed those two now, see if it works.

Thanks for the help ;)

FINALLY! Juve allow me to talk to Vanden Borre...it's taken me a year to get them to accept. Plus I'm fighting hard to get a 22 year old Moroccan from Udinese, Inter just got him on Co-Ownership but I'm going to keep trying to win him. I want to replace Perrotta, who I just sold. I'm trying very hard to add depth to my squad.

If I may suggest, my man Matt, that you just defend like it's going out of style for a game and look to NOT conceed a goal. Then when you go a game with a 0-0, do it in the next game but attack right at the end of the first half and try and pull of a 1-0. Keep building up the results like that and then your team will start to understand themselves better. Things can only get better after that.

At least it worked for me at Marbella.

Just had the best match ever against Spurs.

Higuain opens up the scoring in the 39th minute with a fantastic goal remniscent of how he played in his first season with us all those years ago.

In the 52nd minute, Aaron Lennon decides to kick N'Zogbia. Shown a red card and Spurs are down to 10 men. As a result, Jol decided to take Berbatov off and replace him with Keane, playing Malbranque just behind him.

In the 56th minute, Keane collides with Andy Taylor and has to go off. Jol replaces him with Huddlestone and they're now playing none up front.

In the 61st minute, Higuain scores his second of the game. Another fine goal.

In the 63rd minute, probably sensing that all is lost, Malbranque kicks Agger and gets sent off too. Spurs are down to 9 men.

In the 74th minute, Chimbonda gets a yellow card and in the 89th minute he gets another. Spurs are down to 8 men.

Then in the 90th minute just to top things off, Caceres is injured by Gerrard.

Three players sent off, two injured. Bad day at the office for Spurs. :shifty: