Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why have my team turned shit all of a sudden? I started a new game managing Barca, and we were doing great, 2nd in the league, 16/18 points in the group stages of the champions league, Spanish Super Cup winners, European Super Cup winners, Club World Championship winners, and into the quarter finals of the Spanish cup. Great. Then for no reason at all they've started doing shit.

I've gone from having 55% of the possession in most games and having 20 shots per game, to having 43-44% of the possession and having 7 shots per game, 5 of which are off target. Instead of winning games 3-1 or 4-2, I'm now losing them 1-0 or 2-0, so I think it's mainly my strike force that's suffering. Which I can understand somewhat seeing as Eider Gudjohnson couldn't hit a double decker bus and Saviola/Eto'o are as inconsistent as any strikers I've ever come across.

Try shortening your passing and slowing the tempo of your team down, a good team like Barca should be able to knock the ball around a bit, looking for an opening, have your best passing midfielder play through balls often and put Eto'o to make forward runs often (same for Gudjohnson and Saviola if their pace and acceleration stats are better than the defender they are up against)

All my coaches have average or light workloads, and all the categories are 5*, my players are all on heavy training schemes, could that be a problem? Only thing is I find anything less than that and they tend to drop in stats, or at least that was the case at Leeds. Should I drop the training methods down a notch.

I find knocking down to the last notch that it'll say medium usually works and make specific schemes for each postional group (I use defenders, def mids, att mids and strikers) concentrating on the skills they need

Also, does training players for a new position effect anything? I've only tried it in this game, but I've tried to teach a couple of my fringe players some new positions so that my cover is more effective. But will this affect their training progress?

This only really ever works well with players under 24 and with a high versatility stat, unfortunate versatility is hidden :( and it shouldn't affect their progress.

Could it be that teams have adapted to my style and formation, and thus I need to change things around? If so, won't that unsettle the formation?

Only make small minor tweaks if your tactic has worked before, then it should unsettle the team that much as changing your whole system.

Thanks, I forgot I'd made this post and so didn't check for answers, but I actually did most of the things you suggested, such as setting it to the last possible medium, shortening the passes and lowering the tempo. Thanks, anyway though, was good advice seeing as I won the league (albeit on the final day after Real Betis couldn't beat Celta Vigo).

Actually, you were right about the logos too. It's just the background images that are screwed. Checked and all MLS backgrounds are linked correctly. Any ideas?

This may seem a tad patronising, but I'll ask anyway. In game, have you got backgrounds ticked in your preferences?

Edited by Thomas

Woohoo, just beat Man United! Granted it was in the Charity Shield, but wins against them are so rare that these days I need to celebrate all of them, no matter how worthless. Now I'm about to play my first league game against Man City. Quite a productive transfer window for me so far, I must say, and I've just nabbed a Japanese goalkeeper after he impressed in the Olympics, and I've offered a contract to an Inter Milan 15 year old striker who has the potential to be be a leading Premiership striker in the future, which I'm hoping he'll accept. He won't be able to join us until next season though, because he's only just generated.

I bought Fabregas for 30m from Arsenal, but only because Milan bid that high and Aguirre hates me so I couldn't go any lower. I'm expecting him to perform well in the attacking centre midfield role I've utilised since the start of the game but if he doesn't, I've got Gerrard and Pirlo as back-up.

Also signed a fantastic Brazilian defensive midfielder regen from Barcelona for 10.75m, I have no idea why his buyout clause was that low because that's the exact price they bought him for, from Benfica, but it was, and he scored on his debut against Man United with a fantastic strike from outside the box. I only intended to use him as back-up but if he performs like that all the time, he'll push Sissoko out of the squad.

I also purchased Nathan Porritt from Man City for 10m, he'll play on the right wing as an understudy to Quaresma, and he can also play on the left flank so I'll use him there if worst comes to worst.

Carlinhos left for Bayern Munich on a free transfer because I was too slow on his development and never gave him enough first team football, so by the time he was 24, he wasn't good enough. Paul Anderson never fulfilled his potential either, so he left on a free transfer and now plays for Rangers. Greg Ameobi and Paul Conrad, two good prospects, both left, Conrad going to Galatasary for 550k + 50% of the next sale, and Ameobi for something like 4m + 20%. And Kompany had a disappointing season so he went to Arsenal for a flat 5.5m.

And I've got a youth player from Argentina called Nelson Artaza, who plays centre-back. He's only 16, but I can't wait for him to grow up because my assistant manager said he could become one of the best players of his generation, which I've never had before. His tackling, decisions, bravery and determination are already 16, and his aggression is 17, so I just hope the rest of him develops accordingly. We seem to be immense at producing centre backs, but fuck all else.

So then, the ideal team for the 2012/2013, and I won't write anything about them this time.

GK: Pepe Reina/Scott Carson (Noel Ogunmuyide is on loan at Atletico, he will be better than Reina soon)

DR: Juan Cabrera/Cristian Zaccardo

DL: Andy Taylor/Drew Harford ("Drew" is actually an Andrew, but because of the simularity in name between him and Taylor, I've set Drew as a nickname)

DC: Godwin Antwi/Tomasso THE PRODIGY Franchi/Jamie Carragher

DC: Daniel Agger/Tomasso THE PRODIGY Franchi/Jamie Carragher (though Agger is slipping... Franchi may push his way into the first team)

MR: Ricardo Quaresma/Nathan Porritt/Luis Garcia

ML: Charles N'Zogbia/Alexander Zahavi/Luis Garcia (Zahavi's finally settled and is now reaching his potential, god bless him)

MC: Cesc Fabregas/Steven Gerrard/Andrea Pirlo

MC: Momo Sissoko/Amaral

FC: Gonzalo Higuain/Giorgos Samaras/Michael Owen

FC: Aaron Niguez/Giorgos Samaras/Michael Owen

Managing in the Conference South is soooooooooooooooo hard!

I started unemployed, and got offered the job at Lewes in mid-September. They were predicted to finish 2nd at the beginning of the season, and I joined them when they were 19th. With only 6k in transfer funds, which rapidly went on a physio, I'm literally haemorraging (sp?) money, even though I'm more than 1k under my wage budget.

I'm got them to 15th by Christmas, although the league table is very tight at this stage. I've drawn too many games, and no semi-decent player wants to come to me. If I'm in the job at the start of next season, I'll be shocked.

my Norwich 2012/2013 side 2 points clear of prem 2 games in hand

GK Fitzpatrick (Scottish gk regen, quality)

DR Paul McShane/Johnsen

DL Pineda/Montero (Chilean regen)

DC Mertersecker/ S Taylor

DC Schmoller/Mokoena

MC Hargreaves/Diaby

MC Gourcoff/Denilson

AMR Walcott/Nani

AML Bowler (Regen amazing)/Gamst Pederson

FW Arroe/Bendtner

FW Murphy/Lupoli

Gah, I thought I'd sold Eto'o to Milan for 45 million but it turns out they didn't have the funds, which is a shame because I brought in Jermaine Defoe and Rafael Sobis, Defoe was second top scorer in the premiership behind Tevez and Sobis was top scorer in La Liga, they're both fitting in well, and seeing as I've got adequate cover in Javier Saviola, Hasselbaink (came in on a free with low wages, still got semi-decent stats to work as a super-sub) and

Unfortunately I couldn't pick up Mascherano, well I stopped bidding after 25mil, and went for Pirlo who's marginally better, though slightly older and got him for 23mil. Sold Gudjohnsen, Guily and Iniesta, among others, partly to raise funds (got about 25m for the job lot) but also because their wages were appallingly high. Couldn't get quite a lot of other players I bidded for either, including Heinze, Lahm, Riquelme, Cech and a couple of defenders I don't remember the names of. Picked up Maldini and Costacurta though, who are decent cover seeing as all the South Americans piss off every 6 weeks :P

Deco is a fucking cunt when it comes to discipline, he's a great player, but he gets sent off constantly, is there any way to lower his aggression?

Inter have had a 100 million bid for Cristano Ronlado accepted, Utd rejected my bid of 29 million. :o

100 million is the biggest amount I've ever seen in the game.

Man United wanted 78m for Ronaldo on my game, and I only had 69. I bid 60 first of all, that made them lower their asking price to 71 (he wanted to leave, which is probably why they lowered it), so I probably could've added some clauses and nabbed him for 69, then I realised that Quaresma was doing a fine job anyway, and giving 69m to my strongest Premiership rivals wouldn't help my chances of retaining the league at all :shifty:

Then again, neither would losing 2-1 to Middlesbrough. Daniel Agger gave away a penalty. He's slipping, he could be out the door soon :(

Are there any good left and right wing backs in this game that I could possibly get relatively cheap (i.e. 10m each) and are likely to leave. I know I'm only in September, but van Bronchorst and Zambrotta, particularly the former, aren't really up to the standard of the rest of the team, and I could do with signing one on either side when January rolls around.

Are there any good left and right wing backs in this game that I could possibly get relatively cheap (i.e. 10m each) and are likely to leave. I know I'm only in September, but van Bronchorst and Zambrotta, particularly the former, aren't really up to the standard of the rest of the team, and I could do with signing one on either side when January rolls around.

Giorgio Chellini fron Juventus is an absolute beast of a left wing back/defender a few seasons in