Football Manager 2007

Dan

David Villa you bastard. I don't get it. This guy came to Man U and was playing so well but for the past few games, he has been playing like shit. He was leading the goalscoring in the premiership after 15 games but now is nowhere near the top (Alan Smith is coming 3rd though and he has missed about 5 or so games.) Anyway, the reason Villa is a bastard is this:

I get drawn in the third round of the FA Cup against none other than Chelsea which obviously sucks. Fast forward to half time of said game, we are down 2-0 and really needing a boost. The second half was amazing and we really dominated (after the game, we were refered to as the dominant team) and Ryan Giggs scores a great free kick in about the 75th minute. So it's 2-1 and we are relentless attacking, until Chelsea get a corner in the 88th minute. All of a sudden theres a scuffle and David Villa gets sent off as Joe Cole scores a penaly kick, sealing the game for Chelsea that I really believed we could have turned around. So later on I get a message saying that the disciplinairy commitee has decided that David Villa will be banned for 6 English matches so i go to check the match report of said game and it turns out he headbutted John Terry. Headbutted. That's so 2006 World Cup. Ergo, he was punished with a loss of 2 weeks wages. He thought it was unfair, well fuck him. Fuck him right in the ear.

Anyway, to create a discussion, how do you guys watch your games? Key, Extended or Full match.

Myself, if I am losing by around two and there is 20 or so minutes to go, I watch it in full because I feel if you use 'Key' it skips a lot of your chances to score and whatnot. But usually, I use extended.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, key too.

Just versed Fulham away in my first league match. The team I used was as follows:

GK: Paul Robinson

DR: Pascal Chimbonda

DL: Lee Young-Pyo

DC: Anthony Gardner

DC: Ricardo Rocha

MR: Aaron Lennon

ML: Stewart Downing (signed him pre-season)

MC: Tom Huddlestone

MC: Didier Zokora

AMC: Jermaine Jenas

FC: Alberto Bueno (loan)

Bench: Cerny, Stalteri, Tainio, Ghaly, Dag Alexander Olsen

Seeing as Olsen was my number 2 striker I only started with the 1. King, Dawson, Malbranque, Defoe, Mido, Keane and Berbatov were all injured.

Anyway, Fulham were absolutely dominating but Robinson kept them at bay almost single-handedly. Lee was injured in the 28th minute so I brought Stalteri on for him and Gardner had a minor injury at the time. I subbed him off at 67 for Tainio (with Huddlestone dropping back to DC) and Bueno off for Olsen. With 3 minutes to go, it's still 0-0 despite me only having one shot which wasn't on target and them having at least 10. Then, Dag Alexander Olsen intercepts a back-pass and has a free shot at goal to give us the win.

Freakin' Dag Alexander Olsen.

Anyone up for doing a network game sometime this week? I want a go at playing getting slaughtered in one :P

I have it on medium-ish speed, but I can still read the majority of what flashes up, sometimes I miss things, but on the whole I know what's happening.

Edited by - Matt -

Started a game unemployed, managed to get a job at Tecos B after Swansea, Bradford, Dallas & P. Colima rejected/were already filled. So yeah, I get only 149k to spend for the whole season & they expect me to not get relegated. That's only worth a decent player in the league I'm in (Mexican First Division A). So yeah, managed to come last in the first stage (two stages in this league) & in the second league, I came 21st as the media predicted. Still got relegated though, which means I don't think I'm in a league next year since this one was the lowest possible.

Man, this is pissy. With Tottenham, I seem to dispose of all the good teams (Man Utd 2-0, Liverpool 3-1 (away), Arsenal 4-0) but when it comes to the easier teams (Reading 1-3, West Ham 1-3, Gelsenkirchen 4-0 (at home and after I'd won the first leg 3-0) I choke. Is it a thing that can be fixed by doing something or other?

EDIT: Add to that just beating Chelsea 2-1 away. And now I've lost both Defoe and Berbatov to 2+ month long injuries. Farkin' hell.

Edited by Zaz

Why are Everton so great on my games :'(

They're going to win the league because they just won't stop winning! I've won 10 on the trot and yet I'm still 1 point behind them because they have won 10 on the trot as well and we only have 8 games to go and I just can't see them dropping points!