Football Manager 2007

Dan

Guest muddatrucker

How do you get a player to tutor another? I wanna Henry-up Rui Fonte or someone.

I signed Matuzalem on deadline day, unfortunately without a work permit (said the deal was cancelled but he came anyway), I have a feeder team in belgium but I'm not in the transfer window and thus he's sitting here useless.

Even still, in 4 years when he has citizenship he'd of peaked and be old, dilemma, guess I have to try and sell him.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you get a player to tutor another? I wanna Henry-up Rui Fonte or someone.

I signed Matuzalem on deadline day, unfortunately without a work permit (said the deal was cancelled but he came anyway), I have a feeder team in belgium but I'm not in the transfer window and thus he's sitting here useless.

Even still, in 4 years when he has citizenship he'd of peaked and be old, dilemma, guess I have to try and sell him.

Go to Rui Fonte, click Player Interaction, and it should show you at the bottom who he can get tutored by, if anyone. Select the player you want to tutor him, and then say one of the media options should be to say that you think it is a good idea for Rui Fonte to be tutored by the player you selected.

Thats about it.

Guest muddatrucker

Theres a good German striker who cost me 1.5mill on the transfer list, he's got an English sounding name, his team were green (thats all I remember ¬.¬) He's at my feeder team but yeah, try and look at him...if you can.

I just started my first game with the full game. All leagues from England, Italy and Finland selected. Starting in July 06 (the Finnish league starts in January so that'll give me some time for clubs to establish themselves as shit). Started as unemployed and got the job at KPV, 9th in the First Division after twelve games (14 teams, so lower mid table).

Quite a bit of money to spend considering the league we're in, and a half-decent coaching staff too (Half decent = there's more than one of them. They're still shit). One or two promising (for this level) youngsters.

I tend to play this like a roleplaying game.. every time I play my media comments/team talks change. This guy is a hybrid of Jose Mourinho and Hitler... claims to be unbeatable and beats the shit out of his players when they're not :P

As for strikers for German teams that play in green with English sounding names... Wolfsburg's Mike Hanke? Or Bremen's Frank Loning?

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

I'm about to play my first pre-season friiendly and I've signed the following to strengthen my squad.

James Vaughan - Free

James McEvely - Free

Robbie Fowler - Free

Ari Nyman - £100K

Rene Mihelic - £150K

Vyacheslav Hleb - £250K

I have 120K left in the kitty and I probably need a keeper since I've only got one decent one and the others should be playing in the Conference. I may try to get Tim Krul on loan as he did well for the latter part of last season. Also, none of the Arsenal reserve team players want to come to me, so much for being my parent club.

Yeah, he has talent, and I couldn't get him for any less. They tried to push me to 11mil, but left it at 10.

With the January transfer window nearly over, having sold Sissoko (I wasn't playing him and had bought in Diop.....lynch me now, Liverpool fans >_>) and Reina (meh, I like Kirkland and will spend the extra money on a decent back-up for Kirkland), I've got Moore and am looking to bring in Nakamura for a 3million deal over 12 months.

Pardon the interruption....

I've never before played this, but wanted to in order to expand my knowledge of World football. However, I'm stuck on the "getting a job" phase. Stupid, huh? I go into job vacancies, some teams say they need a scout, assistant manager, whatever. So I right click on that squad, click on staff, but I don't see the apply for job on the bottom left. I saw it one time, but never again. What am I missing here?

You can only apply to be a manager.

You do this by going to "Job Security", and look for any team that has no manager or it says "Available" I believe. From there, you click on the team and click "Apply For Job".

Or just start the game with whatever team you want >_>

You can only apply to be a manager.

You do this by going to "Job Security", and look for any team that has no manager or it says "Available" I believe. From there, you click on the team and click "Apply For Job".

Or just start the game with whatever team you want >_>

You're my new hero. Another clarification question (there will probably be a lot of these as I go), if there's no league/division listed, it's the countries olympic team? International team? Like, there's a job opening for USA, Paraguay, and Mexico, then one for Tecos B, a team in Mexico first division A. The first 3 are international competition teams, correct?

If no division listed, it is the International team generally. However, there are Under 23's (thats generally the Olympics), under 21's and under 19's also, though these would be listed as such. If you take over a national team, you can control all these teams also.

I updated the old competitions name file and posted it at sortitoutsi forums, but that'll take ages to get feedback. It needs much more revision until it's all right so download this: fake.lnc.

Put it in C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db\Default\lnc\all, and load up the game. Point out stuff that's wrong by e-mailing me or posting in the thread over at sortitoutsi forums. :)