KoRn Cover Pink Floyd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast they're aren't covering my precious Nine Inch Nails like earlier reported.

Song isn't to bad. I'll wait to pass judgment to hear the studio version.

They should have covered Money though. :shifty:

That was pretty much the throw away song on that album. I'll admit, I like thier older stuff best, but I also like Untouchables which a lot of people didn't.

Yeah, me and syco are like the only ones who actually liked Untouchables. I don't much care for their recent release, though I do like their cover of Metallica's "One." But the rest is nothing special at all.

Edit: And GoGo, that was their first single off their album. Their lastest single was "Y'all Want a Single" which is one horrible song.

Edited by Fitzy

And GoGo, that was their first single off their album. Their lastest single was "Y'all Want a Single" which is one horrible song.

But I kinda liked the video, that was basically another throw away single. The best thing on the album, IMO, is One.

I still think they'll never top Follow the Leader or Life is Peachy though.

Untouchables was kick-ass.

Thoughtless, Hating, Alone I Break, Wake Up Hate, Here To Stay, Blame, Hollow Life..

The only song I hated on the CD was track two. I don't even know the name as I always skip over it. It sucks. Easily the worst song on the CD. "Thoughtless" would be my favorite. Followed by "Alone I Break."

Yeah, me and syco are like the only ones who actually liked Untouchables. I don't much care for their recent release, though I do like their cover of Metallica's "One." But the rest is nothing special at all.

Edit: And GoGo, that was their first single off their album. Their lastest single was "Y'all Want a Single" which is one horrible song.

Their latest single is actually "Everything I've Known".

And for the record, I own and like "Untouchables."

Also, there is a cover of Public Enemy's "Fight The Power" that will be appearing on the "Best Of..." CD.

Edited by The Midget

KoRn has never recaptured the under produced sound of their first album, Life is Peachy was decent, Follow the Leader sucked for the most part. But I've liked just about everything since Issues... I know I was the only guy who liked Issues, but I thought it was a great album. Untouchables was alright, a bit repetitive. So far I've really liked Take a Look in the Mirror, but I haven't heard it all.

Guest Angry Baboon

There are songs you can cover, and songs you can't cover.

As a rule, never ever cover:

The Who (Limp Bizkit), Pink Floyd (Layne Staley, and now apparently KoRn), Led Zeppelin (Puddle of Mudd), Velvet Underground (Belle and Sebastian) or Bob Dylan (Bryan Ferry)

BECAUSE IT WILL SUCK.

At least they covered a crap, radio-friendly Pink Floyd song.

Now if would have been 'Sheep', I'd be at Jon Davis's house with a baseball bat.

Now i'm just mildly angry.

There are songs you can cover, and songs you can't cover.

As a rule, never ever cover:

The Who (Limp Bizkit), Pink Floyd (Layne Staley, and now apparently KoRn), Led Zeppelin (Puddle of Mudd),  Velvet Underground (Belle and Sebastian)  or Bob Dylan (Bryan Ferry)

BECAUSE IT WILL SUCK.

At least they covered a crap, radio-friendly Pink Floyd song.

Now if would have been 'Sheep', I'd be at Jon Davis's house with a baseball bat.

Now i'm just mildly angry.

Bah, Class Of '99's cover of "Another Brick In The Wall" was fine, especially considering the context it was placed in (soundtrack for The Faculty, for those wondering.)

Add Train and Tool to the list of Zeppelin coverers, as Train has covered "Ramble On" and Tool has done "No Quarter." Kittie also covered Floyd's "Run Like Hell", and did a hell of a metal version if I do say so myself.

Also, this idea that Floyd's -- or any band's, for that matter -- works are perfect and need never be touched is in desperate need of serious debunking. No band is perfect, and just because a certain band is covering it means it will instantaneously suck. In other words, let's at least wait and hear it for ourselves before we jump on the "Don't Touch Floyd" bandwagon.

Guest Angry Baboon

Tool's version of No Quarter = Boring. And Maynard sounds like a robot. TAKE THAT.

Kittie = Definition of RAHAGAAGAGAGAGAGGWAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRGGGGH music. Crap.

Train = Ramble on is a rubbish Zeppelin song anyway :P I bet they couldn't do Achilles Last Stand. HAH. TAKE THAT.

And the class of '99 cover was sickening. Not because it covered Floyd, but because it showed how poo Staley had got. Thank god he didn't do anything else to tarnish his career after that :/

Tool's version of No Quarter = Boring. And Maynard sounds like a robot. TAKE THAT.

Kittie = Definition of RAHAGAAGAGAGAGAGGWAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRGGGGH music. Crap.

Train = Ramble on is a rubbish Zeppelin song anyway :P I bet they couldn't do Achilles Last Stand. HAH. TAKE THAT.

And the class of '99 cover was sickening. Not because it covered Floyd, but because it showed how poo Staley had got. Thank god he didn't do anything else to tarnish his career after that :/

I'm noticing a trend in your replies. How can the cover of a song be any good to you, when you apparently don't even care for the original?

And Jimi Hendrix is still saying hi.

All opinions aside, the point still remains. Give the song a chance before taking it to the gallows. Just because it seems that every other cover of a 60s/70s band/artist has sucked in your view doesn't mean the next one or the one after that will.

Guest Angry Baboon

I've heard all of those covers apart from the Train one. And the only original song I don't like is Another Brick in the Wall.

Just because it seems that every other cover of a 60s/70s band/artist has sucked in your view doesn't mean the next one or the one after that will.

I barely listen to Pink Floyd, I prefer Syd Barrett :P In fact I don't listen to classic rock much at all anymore. So don't try and push me off as an elitist classic rock fanboy :P