The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Not sure I just delete them all when they send them. Hi-Lo Cards can be quite an easy money maker though if you're careful. Whack on £25, one guess, cash out £27 minimum if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody doing the Grand National today? Looking forward to it as always. I'll be doing a few quid on some outsiders, the odd forecast and I've got a fiver on Vic Venturi, which I've got high hopes for.

Since I've no idea about horse racing but always like a bet on the National, I've just stuck a few quid on Vic Venturi myself. So you better know what you're doing >_>

And good shout on UFC, normally I don't watch, but since it's on at 6PM here due to the time difference I might have a bash.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking UFC, why the hell don't Ladbrokes allow you to bet on it any more? I swear they used to, but now it's completely disappeared from their website :(

A late reply to this one, but I'm guessing they were getting stung, that's why. Basically, they only are able to hire so many odds compilers, and whilst they cover a wide variety of sports, if you don't have someone who knows MMA well enough, people could batter you if you put up prices wrongly and cost you a fair bit of money.

That, or alternatively, little interest was shown by punters. Coral's still do it, as do Bet365, never been too sure about William Hills though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took my first official trip to a (legal) bookies yesterday and played it safe, putting 20 quid on South Africa.

Off to collect my doubled money now (H)

• 2 weeks later...

Not betting much on the World Cup at the moment. Backed Holland at 9/1 for a fiver, which sucks as I was saying I was going to back them when they were 12/1. 4-1 and 6-1 wins against Ghana and Hungary saw that price fall by the wayside.

Betting wise, I put the following on a few weeks ago:

Holland to win e/w

Luis Fabrino to be top scorer e/w

Villa to be top scorer (call that one insurance >_>)

Lampard to be top England scorer (I don't see Rooney scoring that many, Lampard scores enough as it is and will take pens, so who knows)?

As for today, I can't look past England/USA producing more than 2.5 goals. So I lumped it on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was gonna post in the Football League thread about a bet I've got on but decided it'd probably be better to just start a new one of these.

Anyway, I haven't got much money at the moment so I'm having to be careful with my bets. I've just stuck a four-fold on Bristol City, Reading, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday. Only gets me £25 from what I put on but that's almost a whole night out so I'd be pleased. It's also gonna be harder this year because I'm not at uni and there isn't a Coral just down the road from me. There's a Ladbrokes and William Hill about a twenty minute walk from me but they're not anywhere near as good - I went to Ladbrokes the other day and their footie section wasn't very appetising.