The Sports Betting thread

Liam

The bet becomes just the score bet, at what that price would have been.

When I worked at the bookies, they changed a lot of the rules regarding that, as I think we ended up with a lot of void/NR bets in system, which people didn't realise. Therefore, they made it so that, where possible, it went on a bet in some way. Doubles go to singles, trebles to doubles, scorecasts to correct scores, so on so forth.

Had a fiver on Drog to score anytime @ 2/1, he's scored in his last 7 Wembley appearences.

Had £10 on Chelsea and £10 on Chelsea 1-0. Didn't win much in all honesty but stuck £20 on Real Madrid when they were 1-0 down to Granada and that came in - pretty logical so up for yesterday. Not had owt on today as I haven't had much chance to look or watch. May bet later on instead.

Ladbrokes had a money back if Cisse scores deal on so I stuck a quid on Coloccini and Williamson first goalscorers. Sadly Cisse decided he didn't want to score. Looking at a small return on Lazio, PSV and Man Utd, at a rather decent 4-1.

Discussed Cisse 'scoring when he wants' at the match today, and the conclusion we came to was that if Cisse is fouled anywhere on the pitch the referee has to ask him if he wanted to score. If he says yes, by the letter of the law, its a straight red.

Bump. Lol.

After a few weeks of smallish wins on pound bets I had £25 in my account going into today. Thought I'd go a bit mental and put about £12 on a 7 team Super Heinz (I was confused but it sounded cool). Everyone won but Newcastle, who I only put in to make up the odds a touch, which netted me a huge profit of.... £3.14. Woo!

On the plus side I forgot I'd thrown 50p on Yakubu, Cisse and Dempsey all to score at 100/1, and thanks to Clint not starting it returned £12.50.

Now got £35 in my account to waste on the Euros...

Now got £35 in my account to waste on the Euros...

I didn't bet yesterday, and on using money accumulated from my free bet with SkyBet alone, I'm back up to a whopping £17 - that'll likely be used on the Euro's too, to pique interest.

France to beat England @ 9/5 to me, is great fucking value. The French squad is scarily strong and England are wank.

Agreed, the downside would be that it's the first game of the tournament for both teams and if there's one team capable of imploding worse than England, it would be the French.

Need to have a bit of a look at the market for later but I'm not sure which way I want to go. Fancy Gomez to score mostly, not sure on who the winner will be though.

I've stuck a fiver on less than 2.5 goals, I reckon Chelsea will play defensively so I reckon there won't be many goals.

Salient point really, figured the market for that would be quite short? Chelsea will most likely play quite defensively combined with the fact that it's a Champions League final hardly has the makings of a goal filled match.

Just had a look now and put on Under 2.5 goals and Mario Gomez to score in two single bets. There the two things I've fancied the most since I've thought about the final and it makes sense to go with my instincts. Other things I fancied were probably Bayern Munich 1-0 or maybe Didier Drogba anytime (just because 11/4 represents value) - that said even Chelsea at 7/2 is a decent shout just based on the fact it's a final and anything could really happen.

Tentative final though and Gomez is a goal fiend so there's my logic. Good luck to all gamblers.