PS3 vs 360 vs Wii

EWRFan

Wii

Looks interesting. I'm not convinced yet though. It seem's very original (which I like) but it also kinda runs the risk of being a bit of a novelty. I can see the motion senser thingy being overused and not enough 'normal' games being released. I just can't see a serious adult gamer choosing this over a PS3 or and Xbox. It seems like more of a second console to me. On the plus side it does have Mario and Zelda games guaranteed, and they never dissapoint.

If by "serious adult gamer" you mean the 18-30 types who spend most of their time playing sports games and first-person shooters, then I don't think Nintendo were ever aiming to draw in that audience.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Is online gaming a deciding factor for purchase?

No.

Is charging for online gaming a deciding factor before purchase?

No.

The more powerful the better, or do you consider that great games is what counts?

Great games are what matter.

For you to like a game, does it have to look really good?(in other words, graphics)

It doesn't have to be fantastically state of the art, but yeah it has to look good.

Is hard drive size a deciding factor before purchase?

No.

Is DVD playback a deciding factor before purchase? (for movies and stuff)

No.

Are game prices a deciding factor before purchase? (360 and PS3 games going for $60, Wii for $50)

No.

Is HD support a deciding factor for purchase?

No.

I'm buying a Wii on release. I have zero intrest in the 360, and I'm prepared to wait on the PS3 because ss someone said earlier, there will eventually be games that I will want to play that the Wii won't have, GTA for example.

The reason I'm buying the Wii is mainly for Zelda, Mario and the Virtual Console. I've been waiting on Twilight Princess since OOT, and while I'm buying it for the GC (I made a promise to myself that I would, it'll be the last game I ever play on the GC), I can't NOT play it on the Wii. The Virtual Console will rawk, there are so many games that I want to play from years ago that I'd buy the Wii for them alone.

I'm not overly bothered about the Wiimote, because while I can see its uses for some games, I heard Nintendo are releasing a controller add-on anyway. That's true, isn't it???

Bottom line is I don't care for fancy graphics, or Blu-ray, or HD, or DVD playback. I want a console to play games, good games that I know I will enjoy. The Wii will offer me this.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I meant. I know that's not the market Nintendo goes for, but that's why I can't see the Wii being a serious threat to Sony or Microsoft when it only caters for 'fringe' gamers.

It doesn't only cater to fringe gamers. Mario and Zelda are big, big selling games. The people who love those games are not on the "fringe". Plus, they have games like Red Steel and Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Call of Duty and Blazing Angels, Excite Truck and Tony Hawks to appeal to more mainstream gamers who want to play those kind of games.

Look at how well the DS has done against the PSP.

Basically, I see the Wii being like the Gamecube (Decent first party games, but otherwise kinda lame).

Edited by TheCrippler

I am loving this guys, keep it coming. I had a talk with the staff members today and what we will do is do two columns, one that will focus of our staff members opinions and one on the general public. I have seen some interesting replies, what we will do is possibly pick the top 5 and use them in the column, while the rest of the replies will be used to calculate statistics and general interest. Also those of you who impress me enough, I will personally consider for future discussions.

Does it come bundled with the system or is it an expensive extra? If anything, the 'Wiimote' should be the optional extra, and the 'regular' controller should be standard.

Or they could have designed a regular controller to be motion sensitive?

Red Steel is going to suck... seriously, it's going to be the video game equivalent to an abortion.

Who doesn't want to actually swing a lightsaber around?

People who don't want to look retarded. I love the idea of the Wii, like I said, I plan on buying one, but the gimmick is going to turn off males who aren't willing to make themselves look like a jackass.

Red Steel is going to suck... seriously, it's going to be the video game equivalent to an abortion.

People who don't want to look retarded. I love the idea of the Wii, like I said, I plan on buying one, but the gimmick is going to turn off males who aren't willing to make themselves look like a jackass.

Edited by illmatic

You dont actually have to swing the controller around like they do in the videos. The controller is sensitive enough that you only have to move it alittle for it to respond to the action. But if you really wanna get into the game, or wanna look retarded, you can swing the controller around like that.

But how is Nintendo going to advertise it? People peacefully twitching the controller, or guys essentially being the Star Wars Kid in their living room? Adolescent males are going to take one look at that and say "dude that's fuckin' gay!"

Guest Anti-Hero

I'm going with X-Box 360, since I'm not going to buy Nintendo just for the inhouse titles anymore, and the main reason I bought a Playstation was for Smackdown and GTA. That, and I'm interested with all the Media Centre stuff with the 360. Yay Microsoft!

I'll be getting Wii because of the Nintendo first party titles that I can't live without (Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, Mario, SUper Smash Brothers Brawl especially). I'll also get a X-Box 360 for Halo, GTA, Smackdown vs. Raw. I won't get a PS3, because I don't care about Final Fantasy, nor do I care about Metal Gear Solid, and the rest of the games will be on the X-Box 360 anyway.