So... Anyone like MST3K?

The Z-Man

I most recently watched an episode I had never seen before, with the movie being "Timechasers" and it's easily a good one. The slumps just a little 2/5 of the way through the movie but, that's mostly due to the characters not shutting up. Also, "Timechasers" while being a bad movie, is a little interesting near the end but... it's just absurd and doesn't make sense sometimes, especially the no-explanation of how the main character came about the power of time travel.

My favorite MST3K is still "Mitchell", even thoguh it was Joel Hodgson's last episode... ::sigh.:: But anyway, what do you fellow EWBers think of MST3K?

One of my favorite methods of determining one's stamina is by making them watch Manos: The Hands of Fate. That is truly the worst movie ever, so bad that even the people on the show clearly just wanted the damn movie to be over with after a while.

I love MST3K. I've seen various random episodes, but I acquired a very nice set of Season One on DVD and am diligently making my way thru it little by little.

Cave Dwellers is easily my favorite of all time ("The Seven Sacred Keys of Pentuzular..."), but I've come to really appreciate Robot Monster's goofy charm. The shorts later on before the movies are also pretty spectacular, especially "Mr. B. Natural." (Y)

Favorite show of all time, and probably the most hysterical television show ever. Truly groundbreaking television, and the fact that there's not full season DVDs yet is one of the great travesties of our time. Guess I'll have to keep circulating the tapes.

I'd assume that would be because they can't get permission to distribute them. But yeah, it is a damn shame that there are no full season DVDs. I didn't watch the show that much, but whenever I watched, I thought it was awesome.

Like HT said, funniest show ever.

Vol. 5 of the DVD sets is definately the best one I've seen. Shame they can't release the movie (of This Island Earth) on DVD.

Edited by The Z-Man

I'm a card carrying MST3K fanclub member, and I have a copy of the episode guide signed by the cast on my bookshelf and some MST3K bumper stickers lying around here somewhere. (Unfortunately, no Joel signature on the episode guide, but I can live with that)