2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

I'm going to say that you should watch out for the Raptors. Playoff experience or not, they're a good team and they play a lot of European-style ball (considering they have a fair amount of European players) and that could cause some problems, especially for the Cavs who don't really have a definite PG on the team or anybody else other than LeBron to take the game over and lead the team.

That being said, my picks for the Finals are the Bulls and Mavs.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatly cant say how happy I am that the Cavs were able to pull out the 2nd seed last night. They now get to face the Wizards I belive in the first and they could probably be a sweep and then it is likely onto the Raptors who dont have any playoff experience so far so I dont see them as a huge threat and then it would be the ECF were they could see a variety of teams either the Bull, Pistons or even possibly the Heat anyway it happens the series will probably go on long and the Cavs can be rested atleast this is how I hope it all turns out altough I know it is the playoffs so really anything can happen.

Periods are your friends, Demon. Well, except in the intergender relations sense. :shifty:

Anywho, yeah, I'd have to agree with the Cavs optimism. The Wizards would be a tough matchup, except for that whole no-Arenas, no-Butler thing. Second round? Nets. I'll not be the slightest bit surprised if VC goes off for 50 in Toronto at least once, just to give the old home fans a big fuck off. But, yeah, I take Nets in six in that series. Cavs/Nets would be a slugfest, but I like LeBron's chances of showing up for every game more than I like Carter's.

Dwight Howard will pound on Detroit's bigs for, I'll say, six games, but he just doesn't have enough help. All told, though, I still don't see anyone who can handle the Mavs, Suns, OR Spurs in the Finals.

Darko will end up haunting you for a long time, especially if you guys don't win another championship.. Oh, and like Walton said last night, Hinrich defends Wade as well as anyone in the entire NBA when he's healthy. Last year we challenged them as much as anyone else, and that was with a healthy Wade and no Ben Wallace. I like our chances at an "upset".

The only thing that haunts us about the Darko draft is that we passed up on a plethora of talented players. It's a shame the Pistons decided to give Darko a work out because they were set on taking Bosh. Of course, the Pistons have a young guy that I think will make people forget the Darko fiasco, a guy named Amir Johnson. I just don't see Darko ever being a great player, he just doesn't have the passion.

Dwight will pound the Pistons bigs, but we have so many that we can throw at him. Howard will have the opportunity to go up against any combo of Rasheed, Webber, McDyess, Dale Davis, Jason Maxiell, and Nazr Mohammed if Flip decides to use him. In that case, Howard wont have the opportunity to wear down any one player for a significant amount of time. It'll be similar to method that the Pistons have used against Shaq in years prior.

The Nets are pretty hot team right now (more like playing how they should have been if they weren't so injured much of the year.) They might have a good chance of topping Toronto, I think they'll win in 6 games. VC will just go insane on a couple games, and Kidd's gonna get a few trip-doubs.

I definatly has been an intresting first two day of games so far with a couple seed upsets but not real upsets in NJ and the Bulls winning and then there are the two games that are closer to being upsets with the Nuggets over the Spurs and the WARRIORS over Dallas, not to many people could have expected that. I know that is only the first games but it already looks like things could be intresting.

It really didn't matter who the Pistons picked in the 03 draft with #2; same result either way, he would've just ridden the pine, become Brown's Human Victory Cigar, and eventually traded away to a team that would actually play him. Also, who ever heard of getting a draft pick from a trade made 6 years prior?

Edited by oldskool

What trade is the one you're talking about?

Oh, and a lot of people were giving the Warriors more then a fighting chance Green Demon, if any game was an upset it was the Nuggets beating the Spurs in San Antonio and scoring less then 100.

I don't think the Warriors beating the Mavs could be considered an upset seeing as they swept the series this season and went 6-1 against Dallas in the past 7 games. I told everyone that this match-up favored Golden State more than Dallas.

Yeah that is what I was saying I realize that the Warriors have been beating on the Mavs lately but that was just in the regular season and more often then not that doesnt usually traslate into the Playoffs. It will be intresting to see if they Warriors were just a one trick pony or if they can take this series to the limit.

I must be fucking legendary because I keep spanking everyone on NBA 2k7. I'm in the second year of a Toronto Association game and, aside from signing Sprewell from free agency and acquiring a pair of rookie guards, I've made no transactions, yet I can whip San Antonio by fifty points and hold a forty-point lead over the Cavs after one half. On Hall of Famer, may I add.

James twisted his ankle while wearing a new style of sneaker, the latest model in his sponsor's line that he unveiled for the playoffs. He's not thinking of switching sneakers, and can only wonder what would have happened had he been wearing the shoes of a rival company.

"I probably would have broken my ankle," he said.

lol, Golden State were up by like 22 at one point. Oh and, on ESPN it says "No one expected Luol Deng to be near the Most Improved Player of the Year" or something, but that's funny, because I remember someone in this thread saying that he'll step up for them. :P

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy

Oh and, on ESPN it says "No one expected Luol Deng to be near the Most Improved Player of the Year" or something, but that's funny, because I remember someone in this thread saying that he'll step up for them. :P
Edited by Trey