Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Timmoru Suzuki

• 1 month later...

I've just gone back to this game after a break and I cannot beat Loki no matter how hard I try, He is the first boss to give me any real trouble and nothing I do seems to get him past the halfway point in health before he kills all my team members. Any advice?

Edit: Managed to beat him fairly easy once I changed my team to include Wolverine.

Edited by Lopro

I wish I'd used Luke Cage from the beginning. Holy christ that super-mega-punch destroys everything when you get it powered up.

Yep. And one of his other attacks is pretty awesome, too. I think its the one where he grabs the opponent and sort of uses them as a weapon or something like that....

Daredevil is also pretty bad ass. You can mess multiple badguys up just using him, and he really comes in handy during the Asgard missions.

seriously, Doom as the villian again? c'mon, guys.

:(

and it's not based off Civil War, from what little that trailer gives away. Damnit.

Some guy on the 1UP FM podcast was talking about it and they were saying how the menu font etc. was in the style of civil war and featured shots of Cap and Iron Man so I wouldn't say CW is out of the window. They also said the storyline is rumoured to start with the Secret War storyline which then leads into Civil War.

That trailer has me excited though, I'm just hoping the game is as fun as X-Men Legends/Marvel:UA were with a new developer stepping in, they did do the handheld ports of the previous games but still...I'm worried.

I'm just hoping the game is as fun as X-Men Legends/Marvel:UA were with a new developer stepping in, they did do the handheld ports of the previous games but still...I'm worried.

I don't think there's much to worry about, it's the same engine, same publisher, and it just seems like improvements on all the things that have sucked about the series so far. Pick up the latest Game Informer, sounds like it'll be awesome.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Venom was a really weak character in the game, same with Sabretooth. Magneto is pretty awesome, but I never played with Doom. I didn't download the Hero pack, none of the characters interested me.

Sabretooth is a quality character, but he's basically the same as Wolverine. Different attacks that seem to do the same damage. But not week at all.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Venom was a really weak character in the game, same with Sabretooth. Magneto is pretty awesome, but I never played with Doom. I didn't download the Hero pack, none of the characters interested me.

Venom was awful. My girlfriend got the Villains Pack chiefly for Venom and was pretty letdown by how awful he was. He's like Deadpool was in Legends II, a really cool character but for whatever reason completely fucking weak unless you pour everything into him.

EDIT: According to the creative director for Vicarious Visions,

"The story starts with Secret War. We're using Nick Fury's invasion of Latveria as a jumping off point. The rest of the story is derived from the consequences of those actions." says Dan Tanguay, creative director for Vicarious Visions.
Edited by Cloudy No More

I just bought Marvel: UA today and have played through a bit on easy. This is a pretty enjoyable game but the camera angle is really pissing me off. It's almost like they dont want you to see ahead of yourself. Is there anyway to change the angle?

Oh and my team atm is:

Wolverine (He Starts in it and he's pretty awesome)

Captain America (He started, haven't had a problem with him. Has that sheild throwing move which did wonders against that giant Dragon)

Luke Cage (Reading here that he's awesome)

Deadpool (I just love this guy all round. If he turns out to be shite I might have to switch him with someone like Iron Man)

I just bought Marvel: UA today and have played through a bit on easy. This is a pretty enjoyable game but the camera angle is really pissing me off. It's almost like they dont want you to see ahead of yourself. Is there anyway to change the angle?

Oh and my team atm is:

Captain America (He started, haven't had a problem with him. Has that sheild throwing move which did wonders against that giant Dragon)

Deadpool (I just love this guy all round. If he turns out to be shite I might have to switch him with someone like Iron Man)

Three characters you should definitely try:

Daredevil

Ghost Rider

Silver Surfer

Thor and the Human Torch are also pretty good. Thing makes a good substitute if you get tired of Luke Cage.

Elektra is about the only character I don't like playing as (I have the PS2 version), and I don't recommend using Nick Fury unless you actually play as him.

Oh and my team atm is:

Three characters you should definitely try:

Daredevil

Ghost Rider

Silver Surfer

Thor and the Human Torch are also pretty good. Thing makes a good substitute if you get tired of Luke Cage.

Elektra is about the only character I don't like playing as (I have the PS2 version), and I don't recommend using Nick Fury unless you actually play as him.

After beating it on Medium, going through again with Thor, Ghost Rider, Blade & Dr Strange (I forget what the power up is for that team). But Ghost Rider is great, especially if he can resurrect allies. One of the few games that I haven't gotten rid of. I think for me it's that one The Godfather.