EWB's Top 50 Televison Shows

Ace

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, heads up, I've decided that only the top 10 are getting reviews. The next 5 will be up in about 20 minutes when I wiki their logos.

Have Fun :D

cornergas_logo.png

25. Corner Gas

TNGopeninglogo.JPG

24. Star Trek: Next Generation

Stargatesg1season1title.jpg

23. Stargate SG1

Theshield.jpg

22. The Shield

Whoseline.jpg

21. Whose Line Is It Anyway

Coming up in the next five, a show that earnt each actor $1 million an episode, and a show, where 10 people have played the lead role.

Edited by Hawkeye

The Shield is awesome and totally deserves its top twenty-five slot even if it should be higher and when in god's name will season five come out on DVD? Ahem. Anyway. Still liking this list thusfar.

So coming up we have Friends and Dr. Who?

The list is okay so far. ST:TNG and The Shield deserve their spots, but does Stargate really when its only real accomplishment is being a mediocre long running SciFi series based on a slightly better film? I can't comment on Corner Gas, but Whose Line Is It is an improv act with audience participation, and this somehow allows it to be in the top 25 shows ever? Really?

Who's Line Is It Anyway? was much enjoyed by myself in my formative years. The English edition of it that is (with plenty of Northern American guys in the mix). Clive Anderson was excellent.

I watched the US version and didn't enjoy it as much strangely. I think it may have been something to do with the audience and some of the concepts.

SG-1 being there makes me all kinds of happy. I absolutely adore that show, not even DS9 gets more Sci-Fi love from me. I've never understood the "mediocre long running SciFi series" tag it's gotten around here and other places, but hey, I love it so I don't care.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

CSAMH, agreed that people who like the British version might not like the American version...it's generally dumber humor, and at a much faster pace (not always a good thing).

10 main stars? I thought Firefly at first, but there are only 9 in that...what the hell has 10 main stars?

As already mentioned, the show is Dr. Who, which 'has had ten people play the lead role.'

Yeah. That was a pretty obvious one and I don't even watch Dr. Who.