FA Cup Thread

DFF

w000000000000t Barnet are through, Posh or Plymouth in the fourth round, very realistic chance of getting to the fifth.

You're having a laugh, right?

Well we beat Posh(and also drew) already this season and we beat Plymouth in the Carling Cup last season, so no, I'm quite serious.

*EDIT* Should note we haven't lost to Posh since we've gotten back into the league.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle at home is a game we could win. So long as we take our championship form with us

Did you read the draw wrong, or are you actually a Birmingham fan? Either way, lolz. :lol:

And banana peels aren't that slippery guys. 'There could be a soap dropping' is so much better. Now that's far more likely, and much more dangerous. And would describe the unexpected raping of your team more graphically, should such an event occur. *pops pipe back in*

Luton/Blackburn is an all-ticket match, non-available on the door. Rovers tickets are £21.50, I'm currently looking at getting down to the match, as it looks like my plans of going to Middlesbrough and watching one of SUWA's last matches in England has fallen through.

• Admin

Well I'm going to Kenilworth. Having gone to Vicarage Road on Tuesday, may as well see the Rovers win once this week in the area :shifty:

On the good news front, Admiral Nelsen is back in the squad for the game! On the bad news front, it looks like our central midfield is either going to be Gallagher & Mokoena or Bentley & Mokoena. I'd prefer the former with Bentley on the right to be honest. And I'd be surprised if McCarthy plays. Sparky might rest him after he came off with that knock in midweek.

Could line up as:

Friedel

Emerton

Henchoz

Zurab

Warnock

Bentley

Mokoena

Gallagher

Pedersen

Nonda

Derbyshire

Enckelman

Nelsen

Peter

Jeffers

McEveley

Fuck me? Nelsen already?! That a shock but a good shock nonetheless.

Midfield is going to be a problem. Tugay could be ruled out and not sure this is his type of game anyway. The Axe starting in a four man midfield? Hardly ideal but then it wasnt ideal Savage got his leg snapped either. I wouldnt mind seeing Zurab pushed forward to cover the back four, put Todd in his place and have Bentley in the middle. Yes I agree he is best on the right but needs must. Gally would be good on the wing for this game at least.

The closer to 3pm Saturday I get, the more (probably falsely) confident I become :P

Unbeaten since Christmas, haven't conceded in the last four, no major injuries, beat them 3-1 last time (though admittedly they were relegated that season, so morale was hardly sky high like it is now)... maybe they'll underestimate us ¬_¬