FA Cup Thread

DFF

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see why Benitez didn't bring Bellamy on when he's been warming up since half-time. I bet the answer's "we didn't want to risk his hamstring", though.

Fair play to Arsenal, they outplayed us and didn't really give us a sniff. Hope they go on to win it, now.

Edited by therockbox

Thierry! Woaaaah! Thierry! Woaaaah!

Sure, 'Pool should've had two penalties (the Toure one is a bit iffy, since the 'pool player only went down because he knew he'd fucked it up completely, but still, it looked bad). The Senderos one was fairly blatant though ¬_¬

But Rozicky scoring while SIX defenders and the keeper all watch, applauding and cheering him on, makes up for that :P

"Shit, d'ya think we should've maybe, tried to prevent that? Since "defending" is sort of our job?"

"Nahhh, we don't want to win this anyway".

Seriously though, your team is two goals behind, you're against the fastest defence in the Premiership and you have one of the slowest strike partnerships, and you change your LEFT BACK? THAT is your masterplan, Rafa?

Fucking genius.

Liverpool had 70% of the ball and 30% of the goals (rounding down ¬_¬). That should tell you something. Sure, that's partly down to how Arsenal play, but still...

Arsenal played quite poorly though, I thought. The first half they were by far the better team, but as soon as Liverpool got a goal back they started defending their six yard box :|

Hello? It's Peter Crouch and Dirk Kuyt. Crouch regularly gets overtaken by a tractor in reverse and Kuyt, while not slow, isn't going to beat Toure in a race. Wake the fuck up.

But yeah, overall Arsenal deserved to win. Their tactics worked perfectly, even if the execution of it started failing towards the end. Benitez didn't look like he HAD a tactic, or even knew what they were ¬_¬

"Don't they come in little plastic containers? Freshens your breath for only one calorie!"

Edited by Farmer Reil

How awesome were Swansea, by the way?!

Or should I say, how close to a lynching is Neil Warnock? ¬_¬

I really hope they don't, but IF they do go down, that's REALLY going to come and bite him in the arse. It's not something I'd expect from him either. On the one hand, he's trying to get United to play the "underdogs with loads of heart and determination" card. And on the other, he's saying "we can't really be fucked with the FA Cup. Lets try and lose".

Is this fixture congestion problem worrying you, Neil? And by problem, I do of course mean the fact that you don't have any, and are in fact playing fewer games than you did last season.

Edited by Farmer Reil

How awesome were Swansea, by the way?!

Or should I say, how close to a lynching is Neil Warnock? ¬_¬

I really hope they don't, but IF they do go down, that's REALLY going to come and bite him in the arse. It's not something I'd expect from him either. On the one hand, he's trying to get United to play the "underdogs with loads of heart and determination" card. And on the other, he's saying "we can't really be fucked with the FA Cup. Lets try and lose".

Bristol Rovers vs Arsenal in the fourth round~!

I really want to either go out in style with a home tie against a Premiership team, or to play City or Argyle.

Quite frankly, looking at the teams left in, I don't think there's anyone we can realistically expect to beat (other than Peterborough or Chester, who both have replays they'll be expected to lose, or Burnley who don't play until Tuesday but are expected to lose).

I know what you're expected to do rarely counts for anything in the FA Cup, but we're not really one of those spirited giant-killing teams. A big team that'll fill up the Mem, and get us on TV will be great.

Goodnight Irene vs We'll Never Walk Alone in a battle of the fans would've been cool (at the Mem obviously, at Anfield we'd have been drowned out completely :P The Kop holds more than double the number of fans that our entire ground does). But obviously that won't happen now.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I'd shake his hand. He's come in & done a damn good job for us. Keeper's make mistakes, it happens. He's had good performance after good performance for us & he's kept us in matches countless times. I'd actually love to have him as our regular number one, instead of Sorensen, though could be to do with me not seeing Sorensen in so long, though. But that isn't the point.

Shame, today. We almost had 'em. The referee was a bit shit at times, I thought we could have had a penalty, but I could have been wrong. As the BBC only seem to want to show replays that make Man United look dominant. ;)