Crackdown

Buford Ripley

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really dislike any skins...but there's no Scottish skin. With a little kilt. It's all I want. :crying: I'll just have to make do with the Russian skin (beardy) or the guy with a hideously misfigured face (which pretty much is Scottish). Although...ROBOT AGENT. MUST DESTROY CIVILIANS. MUST TERMINATE GANG LORDS. MUST NAPALM PACIFIC CITY.

And shut up Gongsun, why does Singapore get it early? <_<

I don't really dislike any skins...but there's no Scottish skin. With a little kilt. It's all I want. :crying: I'll just have to make do with the Russian skin (beardy) or the guy with a hideously misfigured face (which pretty much is Scottish). Although...ROBOT AGENT. MUST DESTROY CIVILIANS. MUST TERMINATE GANG LORDS. MUST NAPALM PACIFIC CITY.

And shut up Gongsun, why does Singapore get it early? <_<

Bah, me and my understanding of the English language. When Kraigy says that they suck he doesn't mean that in a bad way. <_<

I am happy now, Crackdown is finally on it's way to me. Fingers crossed it comes on Friday.

I FINALLY DID A BARREL ROLL FUCK YEAH

In other news, a few glitches:

Throwing a body into the ocean gives you the 'Throw Something 200 Feet' Acheivement

Driving on a breakable structure (I did this on a crate) gives you the 6 second jump achievement. Krauser was trying so hard to get this one, and I glitched my way to it :P

I FINALLY DID A BARREL ROLL FUCK YEAH

In other news, a few glitches:

Throwing a body into the ocean gives you the 'Throw Something 200 Feet' Acheivement

Driving on a breakable structure (I did this on a crate) gives you the 6 second jump achievement. Krauser was trying so hard to get this one, and I glitched my way to it :P

About 2AM this morning:

Me: ellis leave now

Kulex: :crying:

Me: WILL CRACKDOWN BE THERE WHEN HE WAKES IN SOME KIND OF NEXT DAY DELIVERY OCCURANCE?

Kulex: :o

Kulex: no

Kulex: <_<

Me: you may be right :shifty:

I awake at 10AM and then mere moments later theres a knock at the door. Hello postie, two very obvious Play.com packages for me to sign for? That's odd, I was expecting one by now and it will be my year long XBL subscription but the second one must be....CRACKDOWN?!

It's on like Donkey Kong bitches. :w00t:

Just a reminder to those of you new to XBox Live, make sure you check out the first post in this thread:

/forum/index.php?showtopic=43283">EWB XBox Live Gamertags

Updated as recently as today - find your favorite EWBers on your favorite XBox games. I assume a lot of us will be playing Crackdown, so make sure you check that thread to find out who's who.

Edited by Zero

I just did my most amazing stunt (well, kinda stunt) so far, it looked like it came straight out of action movie. On my way to kill the first kingpin, i decided id go for the "kill every guard method" first. Anyway, i grab a car outside the villa type building he was in and just drove gung-ho straight through the gates knocking them down. Then there was a large group of gang members i just drove straight into them causing them to dive out of the way, while gang members further up shot at the car and hit an explosive barrel (i assume, i just saw an explosion, may have been a grenade or something) behind me causing an explosion. The car left the ground and was about to crash so i pressed the exit button and the bloke did a load of somersaults out of the car, then shot down a couple of gang members while still in a mid-air.

It doesn't sound amazing, but for something that happened all within the space of 10 seconds it looked so awesome. Had to see it really though to be impressed.

Coincidently, i died about a minute later, so i tried the "run and jump past every gang member and just shoot like hell at the boss" approach that has basically got me through the game so far :/

Do the damn camera angles not drive anyone else crazy? When you get backed into a corner and it screws them up for me. Maybe I'm just stupid.

All in all, I'm sorry I didn't buy this and only rented it good thing GameFly will let me keep it for a price. Although this way I'm not guaranteed a manual. And I must say, fuck the Halo 3 beta, this game is enough for me to shell out the $60.

Oh and this game I do believe is addictive.

And I must say, there's nothing I hate more than facing a gang boss and being blown out of the building and having to go through the building again.

Edited by KingOfMyWorld