Favorite Comedians

Tarheels.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favourite comedian is probably Eddie Izzard, closely followed by Bill Hicks. Beyond that...I'm a fan of Ross Noble, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Noel Fielding and Rob Newman. As a rule, I tend to dislike the majority of observational humour, as it's just dull, over done, and for the most part not funny, I also don't like the majority of American comedians as they tend to be brash and obnoxious for the sake of it, and THAT'S THE JOKE in itself. I prefer surrealism above all else, which is the general basis of most of the comedians I've listed, and the route I've taken in any of the stand-up I've done.

Love the old school stuff, like George Carlin, Richard Pryor...and I really miss Eddie Murphy busting out some raunchy stand-up.

Today, I like some of Dane Cook's and most of Eddie Izzard's. Don't see too much of Bernie Mac doing stand-up anymore, and I miss him, too.

Hedburg, Hicks and Kinison, but they're all dead :(

I love Bill Bailey and Justin Lee Collins. Also Ed Byrne. I love me some Byrne. I like Dara O'Briein on TV, but never seen his standup. The Scottish bloke and the South Western bloke from Mock The Week. And the bloke that plays the doctor in My Hero, he's hilarious on Mock The Week too. In fact, nobody who's been on Mock The Week has ever been unfunny ¬_¬.

And Jethro, of course.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Okay, yes, everyone loves Dane Cook, Mitch Hedburg, Colbert and Stewart. Yes. We established this.

I've been digging George Carlin a LOT since I bought his last book.

For my Canadian roots, I'm quite about Kathy Jones, Shawn Majumbder, Rick Mercer...the like.

Lewis Black, Patton Oswald, Denis Leary, and George Carlin. I also like Jim Gaffigan, but his stuff tends to be more hit or miss than the others (I hate those lame ass Pale Force cartoons he keeps bringing on Conan.....), and I can't think of his name at the moment, but that guy who plays the guitar while doing his routine.

Guest Titocoolace

Lewis Black, Patton Oswald, Denis Leary, and George Carlin. I also like Jim Gaffigan, but his stuff tends to be more hit or miss than the others (I hate those lame ass Pale Force cartoons he keeps bringing on Conan.....), and I can't think of his name at the moment, but that guy who plays the guitar while doing his routine.

Stephen Lynch.

Stephen Lynch.

Edited by GhostMachine

Stephen Lynch.

Edited by ROC

Izzard's religious and historical stuff, I like. The whole "I'M A CROSSDRESSER!" thing... not so much.

Really, though, other than the odd skit, he never plays up on that too much, and it's fairly excusable when he does because...well...you can't miss it, can you? But it would be so easy for him to just be lazy with it and work his whole comedy around that, but he barely ever references it, and I think that's part of why I like him so much.