Favorite Comedians

Tarheels.

Definitely Harry Hill. I love his surrealist cartoony approach to jokes, and how he's never had to turn to smut to get a laugh. His stand-up is great too, his ability to go away and come-back to several jokes continually throughout the entire hour he's on stage without forgetting any of them is amazing.

Edited by God-Awful

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Williams and Bill Murray are the first ones that spring to my mind, Williams for his great stand-up routines and Murray for his style of dry and ink-black comedy that I so dearly love. Also have to mention Ron Livingston here, who is brilliant in "Office Space" and "Adaptation".

Izzard's religious and historical stuff, I like. The whole "I'M A CROSSDRESSER!" thing... not so much.

Really, though, other than the odd skit, he never plays up on that too much, and it's fairly excusable when he does because...well...you can't miss it, can you? But it would be so easy for him to just be lazy with it and work his whole comedy around that, but he barely ever references it, and I think that's part of why I like him so much.

Well, yes. Regardless, I still don't find it funny.

I thought this was merely stand-up but now that I've looked, a 'proper' list;

Ross Noble

Peter Kay (I'm sorry, say what you like, but the guy is really funny, the first series of Phoenix Nights was literally gag-after-gag)

Paul Merton

Bill Bailey

erm...erm...erm...there's loads, but my mind is totally blank.

George Carlin is my God of comedy, no one can ever top him. Also, in no particular order:

Lewis Black

Richard Pryor

Penn & Teller

Dave Chappelle

Robert Schimmel

Louis CK

Dave Attel

David Cross

Patton Oswalt

Chris Rock

Edited by Zero

Mitch Hedberg

Brian Posehn

Patton Oswalt

Richard Pryor

Dave Attell

Bob Saget

Dave Chappelle

George Carlin

Jim Gaffigan

Tom Papa

Chris Rock

Bill Hicks

Rodney Dangerfield

Jim Norton

Ron White

Mike Birbiglia

Denis Leary

Gabriel Iglesias

Louis C.K.

Edited by The Dork Knight

George Carlin is definitely my top dog as well. He has seemingly gotten better with age, and puts a brilliant spin on the subjects he is discussing. Despite describing things in an absurd way, there is also a real logic to what he's saying which makes it that much funnier.

After George I like Sam Kinison, Red Fox (John Elroy Sanford), and Richard Pryor.