The Mafia Discussion Thread

....who?

You could have asked the reason, and I'm pretty sure I told a few people....I think Sousa and FD?

I was responding to LD. You posted at an inconvenient moment.

And I know what the gimmick is, as you gave that away ages ago. I just don't get the yelling.

To be honest dude, as Sousa pointed out earlier, that's a shitload of votes needed to lynch in the early stages.

Perhaps break it into two games at first, and have the two converge into one game when a certain number of players have been eliminated?

I think a list would be helpful. Not a list that would be Nazi modded or anything at all like that, but one that we could use as just a general timetable for what was going to come next. Guys who are familiar with the Cube community and venture into this thread every once in a while would know of the list and would probably abide by it. Guys like Neil who don't and just want to start shit up on a whim, won't notice it and from there it's your prerogative as to whether you sign up or not. Maybe we can do something where games that get started from the list are "officially Cube sanctioned" or something like that. That way if you win, you get your point in the Mafia Survival Standings. Games like Neil's that just bypass anything resembling a structure can be considered unsanctioned with no points given out to the winner. I think that would be a decent way of making sure the "good players" play in the games ran by competent game operators instead of playing in the shit games run by guys who don't really know much about running a game.

That's just my two cents, I guess, but I'm definitely all in favor of establishing a list.

EDIT: FD, you could do a more controlled version of what Ruki did in Smash Brothers. Instead of needing a majority to lynch, he set a random number, or a number chosen by one of the players. I can't remember specifics.

Another possibility is maybe a timed lynch. Instead of ending the lynch when a majority is reached, you can lynch the person with the most votes after 36 hours or some shit like that. That could be effective at first until the numbers start to dwindle down a little bit.

Also, if we do make a list, put me down for The Devil's Rejects Mafia. Should be between twelve and sixteen players.

Edited by Essa

I think a list would be helpful. Not a list that would be Nazi modded or anything at all like that, but one that we could use as just a general timetable for what was going to come next. Guys who are familiar with the Cube community and venture into this thread every once in a while would know of the list and would probably abide by it. Guys like Neil who don't and just want to start shit up on a whim, won't notice it and from there it's your prerogative as to whether you sign up or not. Maybe we can do something where games that get started from the list are "officially Cube sanctioned" or something like that. That way if you win, you get your point in the Mafia Survival Standings. Games like Neil's that just bypass anything resembling a structure can be considered unsanctioned with no points given out to the winner. I think that would be a decent way of making sure the "good players" play in the games ran by competent game operators instead of playing in the shit games run by guys who don't really know much about running a game.

That's just my two cents, I guess, but I'm definitely all in favor of establishing a list.

I would like to second this motion

Now opening in the Seventh Side... sign-ups for Waiting List Mafia...

All people intending to run games are automatically signed-up. C-Mil has multiple sign ups since he's got 3 planned.

The bonus will be the order players are eliminated will be the order they get to run their games.

Winning = running your game last.

And it's why I'll get eliminated in the opening post. :D