The Mafia Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

For me it's down to the theme, I've got no issue playing Mafia but I have precisely zero idea who the hell John Carpenter is. If I don't care about the theme, I tend not to care about the game.

A writer/director/musician who's movies are awesome <_< . 

Considering how invested in the Flarrow-verse I've gotten lately, I could take a shot at a Flarrow-verse Mafia? 

Flarrowverse (for the few that don't know) is the universe that encompasses The Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow/SuperGirl on CW.

6 hours ago, Noah said:

Petty of me, it might be but it still bothers me slightly that some EWB'ers gave Nick Adams multiple chances to let them down again but never played any of my games. :(

You're probably the most underrated game runner we ever had, but you always had the most obscure themes imaginable. That never bothered me, I'd happily be a third division Aussie rules football team that I've never heard of, but that apparently doesn't work for some people.

• Like 2

SPEAKING of a new game of mafia and accessible themes, lemme put an idea out there. I ran this by GoGo, LD, and SDM while they were here, so let me ask the board at large:

Who would be down for a year-ending clusterfun return of You Pick Mafia?

If you need a refresher on what the hell You Pick Mafia is, here's the first game, the second game, and - for further context - the sign-up thread for the second game. There was a third game at some point, I swear, but I think all evidence of it was wiped in a board update. :(

So yeah. I think it could be a fun return that anyone could jump in on. Any interest?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fhqwhjosh said:

SPEAKING of a new game of mafia and accessible themes, lemme put an idea out there. I ran this by GoGo, LD, and SDM while they were here, so let me ask the board at large:

Who would be down for a year-ending clusterfun return of You Pick Mafia?

If you need a refresher on what the hell You Pick Mafia is, here's the first game, the second game, and - for further context - the sign-up thread for the second game. There was a third game at some point, I swear, but I think all evidence of it was wiped in a board update. :(

So yeah. I think it could be a fun return that anyone could jump in on. Any interest?

This. Lets do this. Oh god Please, lets do this. :D