The Mafia Discussion Thread

I can't believe I wasted so much time on that game.

I hear you. I knew I was on the right track when you voted for Ace and people suddenly came running into the thread to vote for him after I tried to pull teeth to get any of three mafia players lynched. Split pretending he was brain damaged and FD's final day of play were so obvious that it pisses me off that play that poor gets rewarded with a win due to lopsided group ratios.

Edited by naiwf

It's hardly fair to blame us for the game mechanics. We just capatalized on what we were given. :/ But in your position, I'd be annoyed too.

A random townie lynch being the punishment for a deadline knowing that it was endgame if it happened is the most fucked up thing I've ever seen. You guys played like shit, admitted it and still won a flawless victory. That's lame. He should have just done the lynch without extending the deadline. The only thing he could have done to handicap the town more was let you guys get daykills as well.

Did one of the indies have a kill? To be fair, the day had so many different deadlines it was unreal. But there's no real reasoning here. At the end of the day, we had to kill 4 people (was it?). That shouldn't have been too hard. Though, you could've cleared six townie's on claims alone.

• Admin

It's hardly fair to blame us for the game mechanics. We just capatalized on what we were given. :/ But in your position, I'd be annoyed too.

No blame to you guys, all blame to Eddie. I'd expect better from someone who not only plays fairly regularly, but has also run a decent game before.

This sits up there with Civil War Mafia, Random Rules Mafia, and the Gatekeeper role from Plubby's last Golden City Mafia as dark moments in EWB Mafia history [/hyperbole]

Did one of the indies have a kill? To be fair, the day had so many different deadlines it was unreal. But there's no real reasoning here. At the end of the day, we had to kill 4 people (was it?). That shouldn't have been too hard. Though, you could've cleared six townie's on claims alone.

The day had so many deadlines because the only way it would have worked in the town's favor is if EVERYONE not in your mafia voted someone in your mafia out, or some combination of you SIX and the few townies had killed one of the indies. At that point you guys would have won in the night as soon as you killed one townie, so it really didn't matter.

Again, if you're the game runner and know that 8/14 of the players are not town you CANNOT end the day with a random townie lynch. You may as well, just modkill someone and call it a day.

Edited by naiwf

Nope, I just had to lie once a day and stay alive.

No blame to you guys, all blame to Eddie. I'd expect better from someone who not only plays fairly regularly, but has also run a decent game before.

This sits up there with Civil War Mafia, Random Rules Mafia, and the Gatekeeper role from Plubby's last Golden City Mafia as dark moments in EWB Mafia history [/hyperbole]

Random Rules was godly!!!

• Admin

Friends Mafia was always a bad idea, because you had six confirmed characters off the bat. Sure you could make one a fake-claim; but there's only so much you can do with that concept.

I find the best way to deal with source material like that is to make the central characters the Mafia (or some of them at least).

Though a 6 man mafia would require a larger town.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Also Individual Mafia. Also that role in Individual Mafia that switched other peoples' roles.

Also Reflecto's WOW Mafia.

Also that role in Mafia For Vince's Soul that could defect from the mafia.

What else am I missing?

Also Individual Mafia. Also that role in Individual Mafia that switched other peoples' roles.

Also Reflecto's WOW Mafia.

Also that role in Mafia For Vince's Soul that could defect from the mafia.

What else am I missing?

Jesusmonkey?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

If we're going that route then JHS in X-Men as well.

Maybe Simpsons Mafia as well, when I only realized halfway through that the Simpsons might as well be another mafia, luckily nobody noticed the stupidity of it at the time. <_<