The Mafia Discussion Thread

I really hate Anime or Ruki's would be good. Maybe we can bribe Split into making his game 15 or less? Also, RW said he'd make us both bulletproof in his next game so that could be fun.

Don't have to like anime to have fun. All flavour and such.

I assumed it would be sourcewank. I don't even really like flavour all that much. Basically what I'm saying is "I'll play if you make me bulletproof."

I think FOS is in the same boat as lylo. I like the concept, I just hate the word. Yes, you can just type 'I don't trust (someone)' but then you can do that multiple times in different phrasings. If you go around throwing out FOS on everyone it becomes pretty obvious, so people moderate their use of it.

Also, just wanted to say something in this thread even though it seems pretty shitty that I've quoted from a game in progress:

I'm happy to accept that I'm going to be playing mafia differently now because of my work habits and generally because I'm not the miserable bastard I was a few years ago. So be it.

That's just how it is. My life is different and I'm not going to be able to play as actively as I did before. This is honestly not a way of saying 'if I act strangely, don't vote for me' because that's perfectly fair. I think after I get the in-jokes out of my system my play style will be back to normal, but my schedule won't be.

I like Split. Stop being dicks to Split.

Look at Movie Monster mafia for an example of less is more. It came down to me and Sousa, and we spent about 100 posts going back and forth, where I would disect every post of his word for word, and point out every minute detail that seemed the least bit scummy. I got lynched, Sousa's mafia won. If I had just said "Here's Sousa trying to lynch a guy he claims to have investigated as town!" and left it at that, I probably would have gotten him lynched, but since that was buried in several enormous walls of inconsequential text, Ruki tl;dr voted me and we lost. Being active doesn't mean monopolizing a game thread.

I really hate Anime or Ruki's would be good. Maybe we can bribe Split into making his game 15 or less? Also, RW said he'd make us both bulletproof in his next game so that could be fun.

Don't have to like anime to have fun. All flavour and such.

I assumed it would be sourcewank. I don't even really like flavour all that much. Basically what I'm saying is "I'll play if you make me bulletproof."

Deal.

I like Split. Stop being dicks to Split.

Look at Movie Monster mafia for an example of less is more. It came down to me and Sousa, and we spent about 100 posts going back and forth, where I would disect every post of his word for word, and point out every minute detail that seemed the least bit scummy. I got lynched, Sousa's mafia won. If I had just said "Here's Sousa trying to lynch a guy he claims to have investigated as town!" and left it at that, I probably would have gotten him lynched, but since that was buried in several enormous walls of inconsequential text, Ruki tl;dr voted me and we lost. Being active doesn't mean monopolizing a game thread.

Yeah, I kinda fucked up there.....and in EWB mafia.....I hate having the deciding lynch :(

I find it literally impossible not to post something on my mind. It irks me when you feel like you've successfully proven a point wrong and then people just repeat it and repeat it until it becomes accepted as truth. I guess sometimes you just need to step back and post the summary.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I find it literally impossible not to post something on my mind. It irks me when you feel like you've successfully proven a point wrong and then people just repeat it and repeat it until it becomes accepted as truth. I guess sometimes you just need to step back and post the summary.

Adding to that, "fishing for information" is a really dumb charge. The whole point of the game is for the town to get as much information as possible, not for everybody to keep everything hidden.

I can't believe Split ratted me to the cops. :angry:

Now you leave Shellie alone. He may not be that street-smart but my boy sure knows a bad egg when he sees him. I'm sure he had a real good reason for doing what he did, and you Mr Wheaton, well, if you don't like it, you can go sort that out with Jesus himself.

Temporal sums up my problem with Split.

Also TEOL.

All the dick-waving in that game turned me off. I was busy for a day or two; came back, saw I was prodded for activity - gave my opinions. People didn't like them. A phase or two later I was modkilled.

But yeah, mostly the first point. The amount of bullshit ego-building posts at the start of the game were a massive bore to read.

Edit: Screw that, I'm the 11th top poster out of 26 and I've been dead for like a week or two. Would hardly class that as inactive, let alone something to moan about.

Edited by Split Second

Temporal sums up my problem with Split.

Also TEOL.

All the dick-waving in that game turned me off. I was busy for a day or two; came back, saw I was prodded for activity - gave my opinions. People didn't like them. A phase or two later I was modkilled.

But yeah, mostly the first point. The amount of bullshit ego-building posts at the start of the game were a massive bore to read.

Edit: Screw that, I'm the 11th top poster out of 26 and I've been dead for like a week or two. Would hardly class that as inactive, let alone something to moan about.

And how many of those posts were part of your dick-waving contest with C-MIL? You were prodded for opinions, but instead you went off on a whole tirade about how C-MIL picks on you and that you suck at defending yourself and are therefore being targeted. You would be a better player if you actually gave opinions on the game, instead of going on about what an easy target you are.

DPS is going to be a solid player, he just reminds me of when I started and I took over games and annoyed people by being incredibly overbearing. Less is more sometimes.

Aw shucks.

I'm trying for less-is-more. Trust me, this is tame compared to some examples of Drakery in my past. I like to ramble.

DPS is going to be a solid player, he just reminds me of when I started and I took over games and annoyed people by being incredibly overbearing. Less is more sometimes.

Aw shucks.

I'm trying for less-is-more. Trust me, this is tame compared to some examples of Drakery in my past. I like to ramble.

I did this too. It seems to get harder and harder to play that role, though. I dunno whether it's because your arguments become predictable, or because you increasingly just need to avoid suspicion. I got particularly bad at playing scum at one point because I was just desperately trying to avoid getting investigated, so I didn't play my usual townie game of leading discussion.