The Mafia Discussion Thread

Hmm. I've always seen it as a way to place a "secondary marker" on people after you have already voted for who you firmly think is the lynch. In that way, it allows other players to back track your thoughts on a matter even with a glance at bolded notes, then read more once youve found it.

thats at least what I see it as.

I think saying "I also suspect blah blah blah" is a better way. FOS just seems childish :shifty:

But I don't know why people are shitting over the new guys yet. DPS seems to be twisting a lot of words so he kinda reminds me of naiwf. But hey, at least he's trying. We need more guys like him. And Rider seems cool.

So people are bitching about new guys actually trying to play mafia by not sitting around and waiting for someone to tell them what to do. This came shortly after there was a whole lot of bitching for a while that all the games were dragging. I'm sensing that people here just like to bitch and moan and need to find a reason.

• Like 1

So now you're bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning.

No. I'm just stating that no matter what happens here some people will complain. They don't like when people actually play the games for some reason. They also don't like when games drag because no one is playing. In short, they like complaining about people's actions in games more than they like playing the games themselves. This is the equivalent of a shitty diary getting torn to shreds by dozens of people in the Dome when the people who do that don't take the time to feedback diaries they actually like, and then complain that things are slow. New people playing games they sign up for should be a good thing, as long as those new people aren't like Snoop.

And the thing I have against tl;dr posts is that generally, people get crazed out typing a bunch of shit that they just want to get one up on the guy they're accusing. When people start twisting words to try to get people lynched it bothers me. It's not to the benefit of the town. It's a great scum tactic but how can we ever catch them doing it if townies are doing the same just so they can wave their dick.

Personally, I like longer posts better. You're going to get asked about the details anyway, so you can include them right then and there. I don't have anything against smaller posts, although I think they come off scummy most of the time when no information is included.

The thing is, most people don't want to make long posts, because it's a bit more work and you're more likely to screw something up, which puts you pretty high on the suspicion list.

I'm still new to the game and I want to get my mistakes out there as soon as possible, to learn from them and get better at the game <_<. That's also a reason for my posts to be longer, alongside personal preference.