The Mafia Discussion Thread

Actually I argued them into a no lynch then the mafia offed me despite the fact that I had the most suspicion on me. Thus beginning my trend of dying first in every. single. trad game. That was back in the first half of 2007 anyway, before I really knew what I was doing. Though I still advocate quite a few no lynches in the games I play because people here are generally atrocious at knowing an obvious townie when they see one and the first lynch is usually complete bullshit that I abstain from. Nobody will ever persuade me that lynching a guy I think is town is better than not lynching at all.

Edited by Pesci
  • Like 2

Pretty sound thoughts there. Myself, I feel thats what the vote is for. If you are not wanting to kill a guy you think is town, the best way to show them you think he is one is by putting your vote somewhere else.

No lynch gives an air of "doesnt matter I dont care so long as my hands arent dirty." Some players think its scummy, others think its not helpful.

No matter what you do, pesci, the important thing I've always felt is to leave some sort of mark. Even if you vote for a guy and someone backs you, or argues you, it could lead to finding scum just by rereading it after a few days have passed. Saying no lynch leads to them talking about YOU, and thats a waste of conversation if you are town.

Thats just my thoughts on no lynch, compared to yours.

Pretty sound thoughts there. Myself, I feel thats what the vote is for. If you are not wanting to kill a guy you think is town, the best way to show them you think he is one is by putting your vote somewhere else.

No lynch gives an air of "doesnt matter I dont care so long as my hands arent dirty." Some players think its scummy, others think its not helpful.

No matter what you do, pesci, the important thing I've always felt is to leave some sort of mark. Even if you vote for a guy and someone backs you, or argues you, it could lead to finding scum just by rereading it after a few days have passed. Saying no lynch leads to them talking about YOU, and thats a waste of conversation if you are town.

Thats just my thoughts on no lynch, compared to yours.

Yeah, that's what I tend to do as well. It's just that when a deadline's looming, no lynch is probably the best option for my money if the guy who has the most heat looks like a townie (and that's looking like a townie, not just not looking scummy... if you catch my drift :shifty:), rather than just speed lynch somebody else. If there's time to lay down a vote on somebody who's voting for a probable townie with flakey reasoning I'll probably do that, but it seems pointless if it won't sway things.

Just read NFL QB Mafia again. Whadda game. Not sure there are many better examples of EWB town play. Particularly when I don't think a single scum player actually made a serious mistake throughout. Props to Josh for investigating scum 15 days in a row.

Yeah, after he investigated me and then was shocked and angry when he got back and I hadn't been lynched.

That game was tremendous, though. Some real Sherlock Holmes action in there.

It's not actually as uncommon as you think. Jester is the number 3 profession in Britain, behind apothecary and fletcher.

Also, this post.

So that made my ego tingle and I had to go back and read that game.

Damn, when Sousa, naiwf, and I are aligned and on the same page we're fucking awesome. Sad that that's rarely the case.

Also? My favorite thing about that game is that the lynchpin for the town win essentially came down to the word "an".

It's not actually as uncommon as you think. Jester is the number 3 profession in Britain, behind apothecary and fletcher.

Also, this post.

Was this also the game where we talked about my mum at length? I think it was. Read that through again recently and still found it hilarious.

And since PM has made it clear he's not going to shut up in the face of logic, I'm going to Change Vote: Pizzamonkey. He might be right, but shouting about it only makes people dislike you. I should know, it used to be me doing it. Just shut the fuck up for a bit and let the grown-ups talk.

Maybe you should shut the fuck up because pizzamonkey is better at mafia than you.

Ah, I was extremely pleased with myself for this.