The Mafia Discussion Thread

If they make it to end game, they kill everyone and only they win.

That's... ridiculous.

I believe that Norro has the record for singlehandedly killing 8/23 of the total players in one phase of a game.

Which game?

Which game?

Annoying Video Game. The moment where he became a one man crime spree is spoiler tagged in case you don't want to look for it in the thread. The pics may not work, but that's not all that important.

Night 6 Update

The entire town gathered as they saw an epic battle unfold on this night. Molly had set his/her sights on TGC and TGC had like-wise done the same. Molly sent a fireball at TGC, and it just barely missed. TGC pulled out a SOCOM pistol and fired the entire clip, but it was wasted as Molly's shell deflected all of the bullets. Molly then retracted into her shell and heaved herself spikes first at TGC. TGC was hit and began bleeding, but it wasn't enough to put him down. TGC pulled out his high frequency blade and was able to cut through Molly's left arm. Molly, enraged, grabbed TGC and breathed fire on him. TGC was now burning alive, but before he did he was able to impale his blade into Molly's abdomen. TGC fell on the ground a burnt crisp.

TGC is dead he was, Raiden, Annoying Character Aligned That's Not Snake from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

raiden-metal-gear-solid-1474360-452-362.jpg

Molly fell to the ground, blood swiftly flowing from her abdomen.

Molly is dead she was, Bowser, Awesome Character Aligned Dinosaur/Pimp Who Gets What He Wants When He Wants It from Mario Series

20091109165815!SSBB_Bowser_screenshot.jpg

The town began rejoicing as the leader of the awesome characters had finally been defeated.

"Wait!" screamed DMN! "Look over there!"

The town looked to where DMN had pointed and they saw HTTK, he was crushed underneath a tree limb.

HTTK is dead he was, The Cops, Annoying Character Aligned Why Don't They Bust The Other Racers from Road Rash

road_rash_profilelarge.jpg

"Wait a minute! I thought that since we had killed all threats, that we would be safe, seeing as how threats are a danger to us townsfolk, but seeing as how people are still dying there must be at least one threat left. BOOM! Tough Acting Tinactin!" - Screamed Sousa.

"It has to be one of DMN and Ben. They've been lurking all game!" - Said Gamemaster.

"I know I seam suss, but dude I am totally not." - responded DMN.

A rumble echoed through the sky as dark clouds overfell the video game world and a voice like thunder rang through the world.

"You fools! For far too long you have captured the imaginations of children, causing them to rot their minds with your filth. As your popularity grows, the kids become ever more obese and lazy... back in my golden days, kids were fit because they were forced to play with me and actually exercise their body and mind. Now I will kill all of you video game characters forcing the kids to once again come and play with me!"

"What in the wide world of sports is going on here Pat?" - asked Sousa.

Sousa was then sucked under the ground and buried alive.

Sousa is dead he was, John Madden, Annoying Character Aligned Football Persona/Captain Obvious from the Madden Football Series

20241.gif

Gamemaster and Forky were struck by lightning frying them on the spot.

Gamemaster is dead he was, The Thief, Annoying Character Aligned Little Guy Who Stole Your Shit from Golden Axe

34843-goldenaxe7.gif

Forky is dead he was, Natalya, Annoying Character Aligned Hot Russian Woman Who Gets In James Bonds Way from Goldeneye

natalya1.jpg

DMN, Ben and Norro remained.

"It must be you Ben! I know I'm town and Norro is Navi!" DMN pulled out a Single Action Army Revolver and shot Ben in the face.

Ben is dead he was, Waluigi, Annoying Character Aligned I Guess Luigi Needed A Counterpart Also from Mario Series

waluigi1.jpg

"No!.... Navi... how could you be scum?" asked DMN.

"Simple fool! I am not Navi!" - responded Norro.

A flash flood quickly arose drowning DMN with ease.

DMN is dead he was, Revolver Ocelot, Annoying Character Aligned They Ruined His Character With This Mess from Metal Gear Solid 3

young_revolver_ocelot_mgs3.png

Norro has won the game he was, Nature, Nature Aligned Come Outside And Play

rupi-8744-nature-beauty.jpg

What... the... fuck?

I would've been so pissed off had I have got to end game for that to happen.

If you don't think so, try to win a game where all the townies left are lurkers and let me know how that works out when you can't get enough votes to lynch scum. It does you no good if there are 8 townies, but only 3 are playing against a scum group of 4-5 active players.

Yeah... Futurama.

I never thought I'd say these words, but I agree with naiwf.

I realize more often than not I've been the dead weight he's referring to, but I can speak from personal experience, when you're the only not mafia or cult that's voting? It fucks a game up, granted that was more of a case of people just giving up the ghost, but still.

Addition by subtraction is never an easy thing to argue, and I find myself ping ponging back and forth between hating it and supporting it, but in the rare cases where you have nothing to go on, and everyone seems shiney? It's probably not such a bad idea to take out a townie that refuses to play town. Note, I'm not saying shitty player, or even new player. I'm saying townie that doesn't want to help. Period.

Case in point, I could've easily pulled down the first obscurity mafia, thanks to a half ass jester claim handed to me after I'd already given up as don, by the frickin serial killer of all people, if the lurker that had faked a roleposting requirement before he decided to vanish from a game where the actual role post required guy was dead and town hadn't been replaced right before the final day...

Fucking Maxx..

If the lurker was alive, I could've sat back and watched Ace lead the charge against him.

There's nothing that stings a town worse than someone who just gave up costing them the game, and it's unfair to everyone involved. So sometimes you have to eliminate the weak links to prevent it.

If it makes you feel better I don't think you're dead weight and have never really thought that in regards to your play. I'd rather play with someone who makes unconventional moves than someone who makes no moves at all. My description of dead weight is someone who lurks, or is relying on roleposting or claiming to be their sole contribution to the game. The best example I can think of is what Ace and Eddie did in Hugo recently. I had to beg them repeatedly to play and the town ended up wasting consecutive day phases "lynching" them even though I was convinced that Marcos was the last person we needed before that happened. If they'd put in any effort beyond "I'm *insert name* and unlynchable" that game ends much sooner. They knew they couldn't get lynched and banked on being just scummy enough to be saved by the mafia to get them through the game. Meanwhile the town was busy fighting to get two of its members to contribute and wasting time targeting townies. If not for some excellent play by the doc, two more active townies die while two people who were doing nothing coast to the end.

The only roles I wouldnt have in my games are

Cops you have to calibrate AND theres still roles to fool them, like in Duelists with 4 cops, and a miller and don. What the point was Ill never know.

Roles you have to kill in order or you lose.

I did a LITTLE cult thing with Transformers mafia, but it had to be on one toon only and it wasnt a win condition. Straight out cult roles I don't think Id pull off well, and they always seem to piss people off.

Jesters. Rewarding "bad play" with MVP is horrid. In fact, the ONLY jester role I've liked was my own in a game where I had to be killed 3 times. Every time I died, it showed I was indy, and my role name. I can't believe I won that one.

Two and a half weeks. I'd say it's because there's always been some level of discussion and there's never been a good point to put a deadline until people started to just trail off.

Id say so long as votes are moving, theres no reason to make a deadline.

What... the... fuck?

I would've been so pissed off had I have got to end game for that to happen.

Yeah, I had no idea I was a gatekeeper. I had a gameplan prepared to try and drive as far into the finale as I possibly could, and I'd been targeting people I was certain were in the mob the whole time in the event a tracker followed me. Really went through a lot of effort to cover my steps and play a strong Serial Killer game, and then endgame hits and I find out I didn't need to, all I had to do was coast.

To be fair, since I believe it was burny who was running it, I think it was his first game. Served as a good lesson for him not to make a role like that and he won't in the future hopefully. Me, I'm not gonna complain about winning, but I have to say that it's not exactly the most glorified of wins for me to be honest. If there was a way to, I'd honestly recommend docking points off a Gatekeeper style win, because I in no way feel deserving of the number of points that indy win got me, and I'm sure MEG-- I think it was MEG, anyway-- didn't either when he won as the first Gatekeeper. I can't complain about the points, but I definitely think I deserved less than that :P