The Mafia Discussion Thread

And since PM has made it clear he's not going to shut up in the face of logic, I'm going to Change Vote: Pizzamonkey. He might be right, but shouting about it only makes people dislike you. I should know, it used to be me doing it. Just shut the fuck up for a bit and let the grown-ups talk.

Maybe you should shut the fuck up because pizzamonkey is better at mafia than you.

Ah, I was extremely pleased with myself for this.

Aha, I remember loving that. We need more of that. Sometimes I like to go read my posts from 2006/2007 just to see what a smug and patronising little prick I was :shifty:

Rider vs SDM in LBSC is looking tastey, though I get excited whenever the phrase "window licking" comes into play.

:(

The only upside to all of this, is I know I played a better game then naiwf. Thats a first.

I don't know what the hell you wanted me to do when TEOL shit the bed as hard as he did and then tantrumed his way out of the game. I would never have gotten into that mess had I been there from the beginning, and your stupid move that you still think was brilliant didn't work out at all.

EDIT: The Faulty Towers latest game phase is ridiculous for about a thousand reasons. Sadly, I can't say anything about until it ends.

Edited by naiwf
  • Like 1

Another in my series of 'random mafia musings to distract me from work.' Who in the Mafia Cube do you think you play most like? Came to mind when I realised I used to constantly get DMN and naiwf mixed up. C-MIL and MPH play quite similarly, I think (though that might just be the green acronym factor :shifty:.) Pesci and RW have a lot in common, though Pesci's less and less serious nowadays.

I probably play a similar game to both Josh and Sousa (even though I don't think they play a hugely similar game to each other.) Sousa and I both have the tendency to be a loudmouthed town leader and not too many people do that. I remember when Josh started playing here we were frequently in lockstep arguing about things like bandwagons and the town's need for information. He also gets the prize for 'Player I Cannot Read.' I've misread Josh in virtually every game I've ever played with him - usually by being highly suspicious of him even when he's town. Anyone else have problems with being unable to read someone else?

Edited by -A-

Pesci and RW have a lot in common, though Pesci's less and less serious nowadays.

To be fair I've only played in like 8 games since I came back. I lost interest in Split's game towards the end because it was the sixth game in a row that I was scum (though I was playing well until then, and still won!), didn't play in oldskool's game because I just hated being scum by then, died in the Sitcom game early, died in Kingmaker before I could do anything except make TGC King, got nightkilled in AVGC and as I've said, got bogged down in RW's game because I missed a spamtastic day period. I don't think I've really become less serious as opposed to not really had a chance to play properly. The exception is lol, mafia, but I like to forget about that game.

But yes I'd agree that me and RW are fairly similar. I'm also quite similar to LCS when he's not dead.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I don't think I play like C-MIL at all. I throw everything at the wall to see what sticks, he hides behind the wall.

On another note, I like that I'll probably get an inflated sign-up total just because it's been so damn long since a new game started.

You both make short posts that I usually don't fully understand or agree with :shifty: You're also both really difficult to lynch as scum.

Actually, that's another thing I was thinking of today. Is one of the most important things about being a good mafia player (town OR scum) that you be hard to lynch? It's probably just because of reputation, but the better players tend to be good at getting out of moderate suspicion. I think 'you're hard to lynch' is a pretty big compliment for a mafia player.

I hardly ever get lynched, which is stupid, because there's bound to be people who suspect me and just don't push it hard enough. This is one of the reasons I want to be town in a trad game soon, so I can just go completely for the throat of somebody like RW or naiwf and hopefully be right, because the "good players" aren't caught by the balls enough.

I actually made it my mission to go after big names more when I came back. I was so happy when I read through Fawlty Towers and though 'naiwf is scummy as fuck there' and then found out he'd been replace :/

I also want to just stick my neck out and say 'I'm voting for no reason, I just think you're scum.' But that's probably a bad plan.