The Mafia Discussion Thread

Mafia Cylinder has a nice ring to it.

Whatever we change it to, it must be a three-dimensional shape, damn it!

The Legitimate Hyberboloid's Buckminsterfullerene.

I did this too. It seems to get harder and harder to play that role, though. I dunno whether it's because your arguments become predictable, or because you increasingly just need to avoid suspicion. I got particularly bad at playing scum at one point because I was just desperately trying to avoid getting investigated, so I didn't play my usual townie game of leading discussion.

Yeah, I remember Bill (from the other board, really good town player) was asking me for advice on how to scum better. My advice was simple.

'Scumhunt.'

Edited by DPS

I find it interesting that Pizza seems to nearly always believe me, when most of the other players in a game want me dead.

I wont talk about the most recent example(game ongoing) but back in draft picks mafia, I was the town roleblocker and had stopped a kill but then got lynched under suspicion of being the scum roleblocker.

Pizza was the only townie that believed me.

I find it interesting that Pizza seems to nearly always believe me, when most of the other players in a game want me dead.

I wont talk about the most recent example(game ongoing) but back in draft picks mafia, I was the town roleblocker and had stopped a kill but then got lynched under suspicion of being the scum roleblocker.

Pizza was the only townie that believed me.

I suppose it depends on the scenario, but I could see a lot of suspicion on someone who claims roleblocker. It depends on the amount of suspicion they have, and if they can put forth a breadtrail of roleblocks.

It's a hard role to claim as a defense unless you have some powerful variant that protects the target from all abilities as it prevents them from using any abilities... but me and Rider don't talk about that game.

Edited by DPS

I have no problem with the new guys.

Other than the fact that, as has been pointed out and acknowledged by THE MAN HIMSELF, DPS is really fond of the Norro school of tl;dr.

With the recent upturn in the phrase, this place should obviously be called The Legitimate Businessman's Dick-waving Club. I don't think we need a 3D shape. Especially since the only good two are taken already. Plus this isn't really similar to the other two in any way so I don't see why we need to follow the same theme.

We could always call it the Legitimate Businessmen's Dick. A cock is a 3D shape, right?