The Mafia Discussion Thread

If you're town it doesn't matter if you get offed at night, the scum's going to off somebody. If you're mafia, your survival becomes that much more important, and a scum who's done a great job blending with the town getting killed at night can cripple a group.

What?

Isn't that like saying if you're town you don't want to look really townie because the scum might off you?

If I'm town and I look really townie it's because I've done a good job playing the game and helping my side, so I can naturally accept that the mafia want to kill me.

If I'm scum and I've engineered a situation where I look townie, I've hoodwinked the town but it might be useless.

I think this affects scum play in big games quite a lot. It contributes to the feeling that scum players have to lurk a bit more. I also think that 'allowing' scum players to make gambits to look townie potentially adds some interesting plays.

Realised that I think one of the best thing about small games is that they usually only have one scum group. When I'm scum I hate the idea that I can't scheme up a way to look really townie because I might be offed by other scum.

Yeah but if there's other scum, you can hunt them and that makes you blend easier.

Normal games anymore? Didnt he get lynched because all he could say was squeek? (I only skimmed so forgive me if Im wrong.)

It was just the definition of lazy townie play. The conversation focused on completely different guys but nobody had the balls to follow through, so when the deadline came everyone changed votes at the last minute and jumped on Eddie because he's the easiest target :rolleyes:

But really, I don't like talking in-depth about games that are still on-going. There's two other things that annoyed me about it but I can't really divulge. Plus lynching him after this exchange:

*squeak*

Seriously Eddie you should have something more to say then squeak now shouldn't you?

*squeak squeak*

Is just wrong :(

• Like 1

Just read NFL QB Mafia again. Whadda game. Not sure there are many better examples of EWB town play. Particularly when I don't think a single scum player actually made a serious mistake throughout. Props to Josh for investigating scum 15 days in a row.

EDIT: And it also shows how the non-Traditional aspects of mafia can be just as analytical. Adding powers doesn't always dilute the logic present in a Traditional game and it doesn't just add chaos. Pulling apart a 'he claimed roleblocker/she claimed tracker/the other guy claimed tracker too' mess is sometimes just as satisfying as catching someone out with words.

Edited by -A-

Ah yeah I miss Young B :(

His game wasn't overloaded with loads of bullshit powers because he actually sat down and worked out a balanced game. Plus I do believe he worked hard to make sure people couldn't just be cleared by roleclaiming, which was pretty revolutionary back then. Just a shame I couldn't play because he told me about all the roles and shit beforehand.