The Mafia Discussion Thread

- I've never minded Beloved Princesses personally. Good way to handicap the town. I've always had plans to include one if I ever run a game, so hope that I never do!

- Like I said before, I don't see why we can't have a small trad game running at all times. It's almost completely different from "normal" games (though shouldn't trad games be considered normal as opposed to everything but?) and I prefer playing them so pannder to my needs NOW .. :angry:

- I still hate the waiting list. Everybody says "but then the people who are online at that moment get an unfair advantage" but I don't care so it's fine.

- Re: the HTTK defence. I do think that not being able to pick out obvious townies is EWB's biggest problem after the amount of lurkers and data's trivia questions. It seriously turns me off playing.

- Pleather doesn't get enough heat for his tl;dr-ness. He does it a lot. Be succinct, man.

- I think there's a place for limited cults. The biggest thing being a cap on recruitment. I think anything that forces people not to take roleclaims for granted is fine. But not death millers... death millers suck. That said, cults should only ever be in very big games. Like 30+ people. I think RW does cults well.

- Jesters are fucking horrible. Seeing somebody play horribly and get put into the "winner's circle" is ridiculous. How can you have a role that requires people to deliberately play bad? Easily my least favourite role.

What exactly is a beloved princess role?

The Beloved Princess is a normal Townie, but when she dies, the next day phase is skipped (because everyone is at her funeral). Despite being a pro-Town role, the possibility of two consecutive night phases favor the anti-Town factions.

From Mafiascum.net :)

Every time I read the latest few posts in USA Mafia it seems really interesting but I don't have a clue what's going on :(

Neither do most of the people in the game. Me, at least. Everybody seems intent on playing the mini-games & not the actual game.

With all due respect to Sean, I think we need set a deadline for game runners to keep their games going. Temporal Mafia is dead enough without a 4 day night-phase slowing it down even further.

Literally every single night I've tried to update it at work, the board has been down. The Monday Raw downtime was rediculous cause I had the entire night off, no work to do, and the board would not come back online.

I also don't work tonight, so I should hopefully be able to get it done today.

After having no new games for a month, 3 games ended today. That means 3 games are going to start this week. I'm not sure where everybody else stands on the waiting list, but I'd like to see if there's any support for a one and only one new game per week, regardless of how many are running rule.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I think some sort of rule like that would be a good idea. I do find that if I join multiple games that start around the same time, I tend to have trouble getting vested in any of them.

Plus it's mean to the less-popular game runner whenever there's a conflict like that.

Someone really wants his just rewards for TBBT Mafia :shifty: