If you could make one band instantly popular

RPS

The Mentors. Speaking from the heart, they are as talented as any metal band I've ever heard. All three guys in the band could play their instruments incredibly, and put them together for a great sound. I think the biggest reason they never did get a huge following came down to their raunchy lyrics. Songs like Donkey Dick, Sex Slave, and Clap Queen wouldn't have endeared themselves to the media or most listeners of radio. At this point they'd probably be broken up as it is, as El Duce had a fight with a train that he lost.

Another one is a band called Regal. They're a local band, and all are old friends of mine. They're an instrumental group, but have a pretty unique sound. They fuse many different elements of rock into their sound, and always have a very energetic live show. The recordings are good but are not quite the same as actually seeing them in whatever hell hole bar they play in Detroit.

Guest Pringle

Sonata Arctica or Edguy

Sonata because the band in general is just fantastically talented and they need the recognition they deserve

Edguy because their music is easily digestible, fun and catchy...why they arent massive yet is totally beyond me

Oh, The Lucksmiths. How did I not mention them before? They should be huge, or at least have a massive underground cult following, but no one really seems to know who they are. Poppy, listenable, consistent, and some of the finest lyrics in music. Everyone should hear them. They're a band that I could imagine being played in shopping centres or cafés, too, it's not like I'm saying "I like this underground band, therefore everyone else should", they really are the kind of band that SHOULD be massive, I see no reason why they're not.

Sonata Arctica or Edguy

Sonata because the band in general is just fantastically talented and they need the recognition they deserve

Edguy because their music is easily digestible, fun and catchy...why they arent massive yet is totally beyond me

If I was to choose a band to pack out a huge arena such as Wembley, I'd pick InMe, Protest the Hero or Bad Astronaut, simply because they mix up their sound - the latter two moreso than InMe, but I love me some InMe.

I just love the way they all change their sound up through a song, and it doesn't sound like the same repetitive sounds we get through a song, and then generally through the next song as well. If you listen to Protest the Hero's 'Sooner turn to the Sea' you'll see how they change it up so much, tis awesome.

People need to start linking me to places where I can hear some of these bands, or at least give me example songs for me to check out. I'm specifically interested in The Lucksmiths and Bearsuit (so by people, I guess I meant Skummy, which is odd seeing as I don't believe we've ever seen eye to eye on anything, let alone music).