Mafia: The Drinking Game - Sign-Up List

Mafia: The Drinking Game

DISCLAIMER: This game does not require that players ACTUALLY treat it as a drinking game in real life. It's just a play mechanic. However, what you do of your own volition is your business.

The Scenario

Ah, the modern college campus- hub of academia and progress, where the finest of the upcoming generations come to equip themselves for full and prosperous lives.

But mostly it's a good place to find idiotic drunken parties.

EWB University is no different from any other college campus in that respect, and in fact, this campus takes drinking to a whole new level - some might even call it an art form here. When certain students start turning up dead and murder is believed to be the cause, the students of EWBU do the only natural thing - start to lynching. And like any other activity on campus, the whole process gets turned into a campus-wide drinking game.

The Rules

1. The usual rules apply, as stated below.

2. Votes must be in bold.

3. Changing Vote REQUIRES an unvote (also bold.)

4. No speaking with anyone outside of the gane thread about the game unless otherwise instructed by me.

5. Lynches require a majority vote from eligible players, or else no lynch is reached.

6. Failure to post in the thread for 24 hours will result in a prod. 24 more hours will result in replacement. If you expect to be away for 24 hours or more, please notify me ahead of time. Night choices can be made before night comes, if you wish to prevent missing your chance.

7. Days last 48 hours. Nights last 24 hours.

8. The game begins on Day 1.

Drinking Rules

1. Each player (role) has a different alcohol tolerance, so each person becomes drunk at a different point.

2. In this game, 5 sips = 1 full beer.

3. Everyone sips when a day is over.

4. Everyone sips when a night is over.

5. Each player (role) must take 1 sip for every 2 votes they receive at the end of a day phase.

6. All townies take 2 sips when one of their own is killed.

7. All mafia takes 2 sips when one of their own is killed.

8. When someone avoids an otherwise confirmed kill, they must take chug one beer.

9. If someone roleclaims (truely or falsely), they must chug one beer. A roleclaim can mean revealing role name and/or ability in any fashion. When a statement is disputed as being a roleclaim, the mod (Josh-oo-wuh) will judge whether or not it counts.

10. Players are welcome to point out certain game events to the mod, if they feel that event means a particular player must drink a prescribed amount. However, if you point out an event to the mod in such a fashion, you must take 3 sips.

10. If someone drinks an amount equal to or more than twice their tolerance level, they pass out and do not get to vote the next day. They may still post unless otherwise instructed by the me.

11. Drink totals start over when a day phase begins.

12. A player's relative sobriety/drunkeness WILL effect their abilities in the game. These changes in abilities may or may not be made known to the player. The changes are sometimes quite minor and sometimes quite major.

The Player List

There are 21 roles available, but I will not necessarily be taking the first 21 to sign-up. If you sign-up, but I feel you will not appropriately contribute to the game (i.e. remain inactive, you're EXTREMELY bad at mafia, etc.), I wil may not use you in the game. However, don't let that discourage you. Once approximately 30 people have signed up, I will choose the lucky 21. Once those players are announced, I will continue to take sign-ups for replacements (as you can see in the rules above, replacements may very well be needed.)

Good luck, have fun, and bottoms up!

EDIT: Here are the chosen 21, in the order they signed up. (These people were chosen based on what I knew of their activity in past mafia games, and my experience at EWB is still somewhat limited, so a few big names may be left off, but I mean no offense.)

1. Dragon F'n Force

2. SSTB

3. Be

4. Judge

5. Jam

6. Mr. Potato Head

7. GoGo Yubari

8. Zaz

9. Misanthrope

10. oldskool

11. StevenRichardsRules

12. The Z-Bam Bam Bigelow!

13. 9 to 5

14. sirdavinator

15. Universe 1-0 Halpert

16. C-MIL

17. Mysterio2000X

18. Matt

19. Gongsun Zan

20. H is for Hugar

21. Marcos

The following people did not make the cut, but will be used as replacements, in the event that one is needed. Here is their order, according to when they signed up.

1. The Canadian Destroyer

2. k mac

3. LocoJCD

4. Slogger9

5. SeanDMan

6. The Prototype

7. mAXi

More replacements are welcome to sign up, but will wait their turn behind the people already listed.

PMs will be sent shortly and the thread will be up by some point on Tuesday.

END OF EDIT

P.S. - If anyone has any questions about rules, suggestions for additional rules/changes to the rules, etc., feel free to post that in this thread.

Edited by Josh-oo-wuh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic