Download Festival

ravenjuice

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody going to be joining the MCR hate clan that seems to be forming?

I've heard several people say that they are going to be piss bottling Gerard Way.

Personally I have no particular opinion on the band themselves other then they are ridiculously over played and over rated.

No, that's fucking lame. They do that at Reading. No doubt they'll get bottled, FFAF did last year, as did Fightstar and even Cradle of Filth, but piss or stone or something's just being retarded. Bottling's pretty stupid to begin with though. If you don't like it, just leave and let people who do like it enjoy themselves.

Feel free to KO Dani Filth though >_>

I think the majority of the MCR abuse at Download is going to be aimed at the fans, the 14 year old emos withe skinny fit jeans and eyeliner etc.

I predict that groups of metalheads who can't stand any other type of music will whip up trouble and try to squash them all in a moshpit they've created.

Ugh, last year was bad enough with ll the "say no to emo" chants and that video of the metallers sticking a kid in a "cage" (made from pieces of barrier).
Edited by YI

All music fans can be cunts. The emo kids piss me off, the hairy sweaty metal heads piss me off. All ravers and clubbers piss me off. Those fucking hardcore kids with their stupid fight dancing piss me off. Just about the only ones I like are the aging long haired metallers that like to headbang, and the guys at J5/Beastie Boy gigs.

The Anti-Emo Clan [which is every year] is a laugh. Bunch of metal heads, singing metal anthems then shouting fuck emo. It's a minority that do anything stupid, but the kid in the cage thing was hilarious.

(H)We're taking a inflatable paddling pool thing to download as a way to cool down if it's hot and to make the girls wrestle in it again. Consider this is an open invitation to all EWB'ers to come and sit in it with us.

Well I doubt they'll be selling day tickets this year if they stick by what they're saying. They've announced that they've just released the last batch of weekend tickets and that they've opened up more room for camping this year than they had last year. So someone should probably notify Dan if he hasn't got his ticket yet.

This week the Download Festival have released their final batch of weekend camping tickets. Having increased the camping capacity from 2006, festival organisers recommend that people without accommodation should move fast to avoid disappointment. There has been an extraordinary demand for tickets this year already.

This year Korn are to play with a unique line-up. With drummer, David Silveria currently on hiatus, they have got the legendary Joey Jordison of Slipknot to stand in. Headlining the Dimebag Darrell Stage on the opening night, this performance is sure to go down in Donington history as an ‘I was there’ moment.

Download Festival’s reputation as the UK’s best alternative summer event continues to grow. Having already announced some of the best new and established bands on the planet. Download add another thirteen acts to the fifth anniversary bill; Ill Nino, After Forever, Lights.Action!, Kids in Glass Houses, The Hedrons, The Higher, Sanctity, Lauren Harris, Malpractice, Cult of Luna, My Dying Bride, Eyelash and Parikrama.

With safety of paramount importance at the festival organisers, this year they are going to be giving out one million condoms for free. They will be distributed around the Donington Park site for the entire weekend to ensure that any ‘extra curricular fun’ is done as safe as possible..

Ill Nino, After Forever, Lights.Action!, Kids in Glass Houses, The Hedrons, The Higher, Sanctity, Lauren Harris, Malpractice, Cult of Luna, My Dying Bride, Eyelash and Parikrama.

Ok, I have a bit of Ill Nino, I've heard of, but never listened to Kids in Glass Houses and My Dying Bride. Lauren Harris is a laugh live, as long as they don't get too high on the bill. Parikrama is an Indian band that Iron Maiden have had supporting them. Maiden are big fans of them.

I like My Dying Bride, they've got a couple good albums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Dying_Bride

& my favourite MDB album - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn_Loose_the_Swans