2K Football is back!

Riceman 4K

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you all get too excited you must realize there is no franchise mode and the customization of things will be severely limited.

Features

* Draft your dream team from football’s legendary players--over 240 of them.

* Choose your arena and pump up the fan base to create stadium energy you can feel.

* Next Gen Graphics feature thousands of new player animations—games come alive with sweat and steam, rabid fans in the stands and dynamic weather challenges.

* 2K Broadcasting – A new style combining TV broadcast with on-field commentary to put you closer to the action than ever before.

* 2K Beats – Kick it off with original soundtracks, mashups and remixes by an all-pro producer with legendary artists (TBA).

======================

To me the better way would've been to have all these legends but you could start in say whatever year you wanted say 1985 and players would be available to draft according to what year they came out in real life and the rest of the players could be fakes. This way the replay value to me...takes a real hit.

Franchise mode has never appealed to me, especially when you can just play a season mode... either way, I guess it just doesn't make sense with this kind of game. There's likely going to be some kind of other mode in its place though, as stated through the entire "Draft your own team" thing.

Franchise is entirely feasible with this, it just needs a little backstory. Off the top of my head, something like the legends don't think the game is as good as it was and meet up to create a new league featuring the best of the best. Obviously there'd be things like ages to work out >_> But if it's mostly fake players, then there should be some sort of workaround.

Yea, I definately say this is a solid "try before you buy"game. Hopefully they'll put a demo up on XBL

• 2 months later...

IGN has a nice bit of info on the game now.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/881/881587.html

For instance, its being released in like 2 weeks and here I was under the impression it wasn't coming out till August.

There's also a video up that details the process of editing your team, and you can see a couple of different logos and stadiums and such. Look close at the Beasts info page in that video for a nice little Angel reference.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.2ksportsfootball.com/screenshot...ormerreview.jpg

Gameinformer review. no franchise mode..a "season mode" that ends after one season, so you make a new team and re-do it etc..not interested anymore. Maybe once they put a franchise mode in it I'll pick it up..possibly next year. I'll probablyu pick this up as a rental or something

Bah, that sucks. And the online thing having no draft is worse, that could have saved it. What's the point in even having no-namers if they don't have ratings? They'd be better off doing 7-a-side or something. It's a shame, because they've had a great idea, but there's hardly any reason to play the games. I like what the reviewer said about the fact that it's not that the NFL missing that hurts it, but lack of a league connection at all. Otherwsie, that review was shite, it read to me like it was written as hastily as possible on a napkin during a lunchbreak or something.

But still, you get to play with Walter Payton, and that alone makes it worth buying. that is, assuming it comes out over here (which I doubt).

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Picking it up today

Its still a 2K game which means it will be far superior to any other football game out this year.

And everyone says, oh franchise mode, franchise mode, but no one has actually came up with a good idea about how to impliment it. These guys are all retired or dead, do you just decide to never have them retire in game? Talk about a lack of connection with the league, how bad would it be if half your all pro roster retires and you're left playing with generic players and generic rookies.

So far, I have heard nothing but great things about this game. The guys as operationsports love it and I can't wait to get my hands on 2K8. First I will need a 360 though and I have to wait till October...

But back to the franchise, I would implement it so that the legends would be optional. I myself would have no problem playing a franchise with generic players if they make it so that the game is entirely customizable (like Winning Eleven).

Picking it up today

Its still a 2K game which means it will be far superior to any other football game out this year.

And everyone says, oh franchise mode, franchise mode, but no one has actually came up with a good idea about how to impliment it. These guys are all retired or dead, do you just decide to never have them retire in game? Talk about a lack of connection with the league, how bad would it be if half your all pro roster retires and you're left playing with generic players and generic rookies.

I absolutely agree with the online draft idea, I'm fairly sure they'll impliment it at some point too.

160 rushing yards and 3 TDs with Emmitt Smith in my first game.

My advice to you is use some of your legend picks on O-Line, cause legendary D-linemen can just blast through generic O-lines

I can't wait to get this game, or atleast give it a shot. I always enjoyed the 2K series of football games, and never found much joy in Madden. I'm actually intrigued by the idea of using guys like Barry Sanders, Billy Sims, Herman Moore, Jerry Rice, and Joe Montana. I think Sanders will most definitely be on my squad no matter what.

So for those of you that have played it, does it still have the same feel as the old 2K football games? Any interesting graphical or gameplay advancements?

Camera starts out lower, but that can be adjusted and the game speed is slower, but that can also be adjusted.

Passing is very crisp when done correctly, and there's a actual pocket that forms, unlike all other football games where the line just shifts a little on each side.

So don't drop back to much, you'll gain nothing from it.