What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I have never seen a Boll movie and for so long I had avoided his films (can you blame me?). Well I finally decided to give them a try. I was gonna go on a "Uwe Boll Marathon" and watch his 3 video game 'adaptations' in one day. I tried, but I had to space them out. My brain can't handle that amount of abuse in such a short span. Watched one last night, one early today, and I'll watch the other one tomorrow.

Bloodrayne: 2/10

I give it 2 instead of 1 cause watching Madsen play Vladmir was hilarious and added to my enjoyment. Other than that, movie had no positives. I could not make out the plot at all. It just seemed like random events happening. The CGI was bad, the acting was emotionless. And as much as I love Meat Loaf's music, he really didn't help the movie at all.

Alone in the Dark: 1/10

How did Tara Reid get a Razzie nomination and not Christian Slater? In my opinion, his acting was much worse. The first half was laugh-out-loud funny because of the amount of stupidity. The second half was flat-out boring and I just couldn't pay attention for the last 15-20 minutes.

House of the Dead tomorrow...oh joy. Well I watched 2 good movies today.

28 Weeks Later: 7/10

Transformers: 7.5/10

"Fun" is the word in my opinion that best describes this movie. Lots of action, cheesy dialogue, above average plot. The CGI was amazing, the Transformers looked better than I could have ever imagined. Acting overall was pretty good, and Shia really impressed me. An improvement from his performance in Disturbia (which I found fairly decent). So far this is my 3rd favorite movie of 2007 (behind 300 and Grindhouse).

Bloodrayne: 2/10

I give it 2 instead of 1 cause watching Madsen play Vladmir was hilarious and added to my enjoyment. Other than that, movie had no positives. I could not make out the plot at all. It just seemed like random events happening. The CGI was bad, the acting was emotionless. And as much as I love Meat Loaf's music, he really didn't help the movie at all.

Edited by Mr. Vince McMahon

Oh and to add to this in a non-perv way, I shall watch Evan Almighty shortly.

The Weather Man - 7/10

While on paper it doesn't look the strongest story on the screen "The Weather Man" is a good little film. It makes up for a pretty un-interesting plot outline in theory with tweaks that make it stand out from other films of the same nature - like Nicholas Cage's character taking up archery. The relationship between Cage and Michael Caine (his father) is also a very good part of this film - even if Caine's acting as an American wasn't to my taste. The friction between them is very well presented and the whole idea of how Cage can't do anything right in his father's eyes is presented well - especially with subtle hints like not being able to buy his dad a newspaper because of not having enough change, this then turning to a coffee later on. The directing in "The Weather Man" is also spot on, a lot of shots show clocks and a ticking sound which I loved - I guess symbolising how life is moving on for all the characters. There was a lot I loved about this film, although from the outside I wasn't expecting much so perhaps that's why I was more plesently surprised.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

House of the Dead: 0/10

G'eh. Third worst movie I've seen in my entire life (just behind C.Holocaust and Faces of Death). I started getting drowsy around 20 minutes and was fading in and out. An hour in I just shut it off. Makes Bloodrayne look like North by Northwest.

Blow - 9/10

Saw it for the first time last night. I loved it. Very much like Goodfellas. Alright, so maybe not "very much" like Goodfellas, but the similarities are there. Anyway, yes, great film. And I almost cried at the end. Alright, so maybe not "almost".

Edited by Pesci Wallace

My roommate and his girlfriend decided to watch Lady In The Water last night so I locked myself in my room and watched Futurama. It was a good call as after one episode, I came out and they had already shut it off because it sucked so bad. So we watched Grandma's Boy.

harrypotter~Harry-Potter-And-The-Order-Of-The-Phoenix-Posters.jpg

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix: 8.5/10

Yes, they took a lot away from the book, but that helped the movie more than it should. The book was good although with a lot of filler, and the movie is great because it has all the essential material in order to move forward without all that filler (plus Harry is not as whiny as he is in the book), and the ending was thrilling. I did watch it in IMAX too so that made it even better.

_blogimages_luxo_RatatouillePoster.jpg

Ratatouille: 9.5/10

Jyst as tasty as the first go around. This film has become one of my favourite films of all time. Yes, its that great.

Edited by Laice07

Rosemary's Baby (1968): 10/10

Wow...this movie blew me away. Much better than what I was expecting, and different. I was expecting a frightening movie like The Exorcist. The horror in this is hard to explain, but it horrified me greatly. Very disturbing movie, by the end I was almost crying, though maybe that's just because I'm Catholic. Best horror film I've ever seen, better than Exorcist, Shining, and Psycho.

Edit:

I never went on a FT13 Marathon this time, but I did watch several horror films. All of them being first time viewings.

Behind the Mask - The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006/2007): 7.5/10

The documentary scenes are tremendous, and hilarious. Though the slasher scenes are kinda dull. Overall, a very good film.

Hellraiser (1987): 8/10

Young Frankenstein (1974): 5/10

I don't know why, but Gene Wilder annoys me a lot. Though I enjoyed this movie a lot more than Willy Wonka.

An American Werewolf in London (1981): 9/10

Edited by Rashid

Burn Notice, episode 3 "Fight or Flight". I'm absolutely adoring this show, it's like MacGyer had sex with a spy movie and out popped Burn Notice.

I went on a Scrubs Season 3 marathon over the past week. I love that show.

EDIT: Prior to that, my friends and I spent a month watching every episode of the Sopranos.

Edited by The Souljah

Kiss Me, Deadly (1955): 2/10

Just terrible.

As a huge fan of the book, I couldn't believe how bad this was. At first, it was great seeing so many familiar scenes brought to life on the screen, but I just couldn't get over the alterations they made to the plot and the characters...everything about the way Mike and Pat act, in particular, is just wrong, and the ending sequence is completely different. You've also got some absolutely dreadful acting (I'm looking at you, Gaby Rodgers) and a few ridiculous scenes, like Mike's escape from the hotel room. In the book, the room is pitch black, but the movie lights it all up, so his escape makes no sense at all.

And while it's my own fault for watching the movie with my own ideas of how the characters should look...everyone just looked wrong. Mike seemed way too tall, while not being muscular enough, Pat was too old, and Velda damn sure didn't look good enough.

It's weird...if I wasn't already a fan of the book, I wouldn't hate the movie so much.

But if I wasn't already a fan of the book, I'd be bored a third of the way through and just stop watching.

Edited by Doc Funky

Dead Silence - 4/10

Damn this movie sucked. It was good in parts, but was only saved by Donnie Wahlberg. It's from the creator of SAW or something, so I expected it to be good. Oh well, it wasn't, life goes on.

Deja Vu - 8/10

Good, good movie. The only thing I didn't understand was the end. Did he remember what happened, or what? The last few lines of dialog between Denzel and that chick is what confused me.