What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Guest Sport Boy

Shanghai Knights - 7/10

Pretty good movie. But I'm not a huge fan of Owen Wilson, and I don't think he can act very well

Brother Bear - 6/10

Not a bad movie. Pretty funny too. Rick Moranis and the other moose make the movie.

The Village - 6/10

VERY Anti-Climactic. The ending is obvious (like some of his other movies). I think Adrien Brody made the movie. And Ron Howard's daughter (name escapes me) isn't that bad either.

B00005JMYG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Anchorman - 7.5/10

Absolute unbridled hilarity. There were parts of this movie in which I laughed for minutes on end. All sorts of top tier cameos make this easily the funniest movie of the year. Thumbs up.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - 6/10

Some funny moments, but some disappointing ones. Kevin Smith making Bob speak was probably the best parts of the film.

Rocky 5 - 7/10

This was the first Rocky Film I have ever watched, and I tried to not watch it...but I did. I quite liked it.

Kill Bill - Volume 2 - 5/10

I found this movie to be boring for the first hour andI fell asleep at the very end (which was also boring). The only good part seemed to be in the second hour when most of the fight scenes happened.

Volume 1 was so much better. This was just boring as hell for me. I seriously do not see how this movie was great or anything. Overrated, big time.

Seabiscuit - 8/10

Now this is a good movie.

The Manchurian Candidate(Remake): 7/10

Like any other remake, not as good as the original, but just like Dawn Of The Dead Remake, it was enjoyable. Meryl Streep pulled out an amazing performance and Denzel was at his usual best.

Thumbs up :thumbsup:

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle - 7.5/10

Pure hilarity. John Cho & Kal Penn were pretty good in their lead roles in this movie and could definately do it again and with the way the movied ended, looks like they will. The "EXXXTREEEEME" stuff was greatness.

B00005JMCT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

American Wedding - 9/10

Just like all the other American Pie movies, this is amazing. I usually hear many people critiscise it but for me there's nothing wrong with it. I miss some of the original members from the first and second movies but was also super happy to see the Chinease dude in it because he was awesome in number one and two. Stiffler is on top of him game like always and the dance scene is down right hilarious. I'd say the first two are better than this one but that's not a bad thing because this movie is still pure awesome!

B00005JMQU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Spiderman 2 - 8/10

I noticed on the credits that Gough and Millar wrote the script, and I can see the Smallville similarities. Like Smallville, it's going to be fun watching Harry Osborn turning into the man he swears he won't become in Spidey 3. I don't get it though, Mary Jane runs off on Jonah's son to be with Peter and he... continues to work for The Daily Bugle? I don't remember him getting fired from the paper in the comics.

Guest TheVaudevilleSuperstar

Garden State

****1/2 (9/10)

Go see it. Everything was wonderfull, acting, writing, cinematography. I was extremely impressed with Peter Sarsgaard. Only main knock is that Zach overuses the "one person stands still while others go super fast", but I understood why he used it. It will touch you deeply and really connects. Go see it!

mortal_kombat_i_72dpi.jpg

7/10

Not faithful enough to the comic and games for my liking, but then what film conversions ever are? A good film in itself and good casting (especially Shang Tsung) save this from being 'just another video game film'.

mortal_kombat_annihilation.jpg

4/10

This rating doesn't do the film justice, I loved it, but I loved it for all the wrong reasons, it's just too cheesey, the continuity lacks and the recasting of Sonya Blade is horrid. They basically screw over their first film and screw over any chance of what their could have been of more films in this franchise.