What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

King Kong (1933) 9.5/10 It's old...but my god what an achievement back then. Sure the characters are a bit bleh ("I guess I love you...") ...but there are some amazing moments. Half way through the film there's action scene after action scene...stopping for a moment...and then the finale in New York with the planes...it's the first time I saw this...and I was impressed to say the least. Some of the effects are more believable than some of the crap CGI that some movies are churning out nowadays...

First Blood: (9/10) Okay I wasn't expecting this from what I heard from the Rambo films...it was different to normal action thrillers...there was a at least one death and it sort of was a twist on slasher horror sort of things with one killer...it's hard to explain this film...It was just...different...

0790733269.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Steel - 2.5/10 or (*) Dang, this was as crappy as I thought it would be. Shaq can't act, period. Say ta-ta to Soul Survivors on the bottom 10.

B00003CXGJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Whatever It Takes - 4/10 or (*1/2) Unrealistic as hell, this flick drowned hard at the box office and in that sea of teen movies I was talking about the other day.

B00005JKJJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Corky Romano - 4.5/10 or (**) Pretty stupid at times, actually. There are some slightly funny scenes, but hardly not enough to hold it together.

0800195175.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Fifth Element - 5.5/10 or (**) A decent sci-fier. Watch if you are obsessed with Milla Jovovich or....something.

I feel like a punk for not doing images, but I don't feel like it...

This is Spinal Tap - 9/10

It's a Christopher Guest "documentary." Those are always great, and this is the best of them.

48733.jpg

Dawn of the Dead - 8.5/10

4611f.jpg

Night of the Living Dead - 9/10

I'm in the mood to watch Zombie movies, i gotta go and pick up Zombie and the new Dawn of the Dead too, whenever they come out.

Matchstick Men - 8.5/10

Saw it for the first time a couple weeks ago when I rented it, liked it enough to buy it yesterday on DVD. Like I said when I watched Honeymoon in Vegas, I've always liked Nicholas Cage and Allison Lohman is hot and its crazy how she can pull off playing a 14 year old when she's 24.

Edited by J-Dubb

Kill Bill Vol 2 9/10

Really enjoyed this one. Enjoyed it way more then the first (I liked the first, but not THAT much to be honest, but it was a good film). This is a terrific movie, that everyone should see. NOW!

A couple of bits that let it down slightly (The Bride's escape from the coffin, tough that does fit in nicely with her Pai Mei training - was that is name, Ive forgotten already?, and a few bits where it was a little too pro-longed and drawn out - not in a good Pulp Fiction way - but more in a GET TO THE FUCKING POINT/OK I GET IT, MOVE ON way, but this is still a very very good movie.

Money Train: 6.5/10

It was alright. Woody Harrilson & Welsey Snipes seem to have good chemestry and Jennifer Lopez looked really good back then :shifty:

B00003CWOL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dogma - 8/10 or (***) One of Kevin Smith's best and a movie I've seen and loved many times. Rickman's character is the best. On another note, whatever happened to Linda Fiorentino? I've only heard of one film she has done since this one, 2002's Liberty Stands Still, which was released in Canada.