What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - 10/10

What a film. Fantastic. I never gave westerns a chance before because for some reason I assumed they would be boring, but this was on TV and I had nothing better to do so I gave it a chance. I'm glad I did because it's one of the best films I've ever seen. Awesome.

Son Of The Mask - 8/10, God I love an epically awful movie.

Okay, maybe like 1.5/10 if my arm were to be twisted to be an actual movie critic. The motives were cliche, the messages/climaxes rushed, and the characters complete shells of anything that should resemble human, and that goes for the dog too.

But the colors. My God, the colors. As close to an cartoon/live-action movie since Who Framed Roger Rabbit, or maybe even Space Jam.

I wish to buy this mind-cancer-spreading film so whenever around children, I have an excuse to watch it again and again. :)

Edited by Inner D Monz

What a film. Fantastic. I never gave westerns a chance before because for some reason I assumed they would be boring, but this was on TV and I had nothing better to do so I gave it a chance. I'm glad I did because it's one of the best films I've ever seen. Awesome.

You'd probably also like A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. Both Sergio Leone films starring Eastwood as The Man With No Name.

There's also a spaghetti western comedy called My Name Is Nobody that's really badass too. You should check all three out.

You'd probably also like A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. Both Sergio Leone films starring Eastwood as The Man With No Name.

There's also a spaghetti western comedy called My Name Is Nobody that's really badass too. You should check all three out.

Yeah, I intend to check the other two out because Clint is badass, but I'm too lazy to actively search for them. I might pick them up if I see the trilogy on sell for a reasonable price.

Oh, and while I'm here I'll give Hellboy 2 an 8/10. I never saw the first one and I probably wouldn't have gone to see the second one if I wasn't so bored, but I'm glad I did. Everything outside of the last forty or so minutes was great, but I lost interest when they got all fantasy shit on me.

School For Scoundrels - 6/10

Normally I enjoy movies that feature Billy Bob Thornton in asshole-ish roles, but this one fell flat. Plus, how does Sarah Silverman keep getting work? Her "bitchy girlfriend and/or love interest's cock-blocking friend" schtick is beyond lame.

We Own The Night - 8/10

An enjoyable movie, and would've been a solid 9/10 if not for the presence of the talentless and highly annoying Eva Mendes. I don't care if people find her halfway attractive, she can't act her way out of a paper bag.

White Chicks

8.5/10

the comedy's not overdone but it's not too little either.

Wait... seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Hmm, wow. I wouldn't even give that movie like, a 3/10.

Recently watched Platoon again.

I'll give it an 8.5/10. Willem Dafoe is solid, and Charlie Sheen proves he can act. Forrest Whittaker was solid too, although I wish he would have had a bigger role. The message of the movie is definitely delivered and the cinematography and score are great.

I forget the character's name, but whoever played the guy opposite Dafoe's character, his acting brought the movie down a bit for me. It wasn't paced as well as I remembered it to be, either.

Audition 9/10

Quite a quait little love story for the first hour or more, then all sorts of trippy hell breaks loose, then it ramps up the tension and finally the best use of a fibre wire this side of the Hitman game series

So I bought "Hatchet" the other day, for pretty cheap.

The basic write up is this;

A motley crew of tourists embark on a boat ride of the haunted Louisiana bayous where they learn the terrifying tale of local legend "Victor Crowley"; a horribly disfigured man who was tragically and accidentally killed with a hatchet by the hands of his own father. But when the boat sinks and the ghost story turns out to be real, the group tries desperately to escape the swamp with their lives...and all of their pieces.

It was listed as having Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger), Tony Todd (Candyman) and Kane Hodder (Jason) in it, so I thought "this can't be bad..."

It seemed really low budget, but by the end I was thinking that I'd like to see a sequel. It was definitely more of a comedy horror, but at least the comedy parts were funny, which has let some films down in that respect.

The kill scenes were great, too. Lots of blood and gore. There's only relatively small parts for Robert Englund and Tony Todd, but Kane Hodder is back playing another killer, Victor Crowley.

I've seen many mixed reviews on the movie, but I personally give it a thumbs up and urge any horror/slasher movie fan to give it a try.

7/10

I saw a bunch of movies yesterday actually proving once again that I have no life. So, where to begin.

A Perfect Stranger

(Halle Berry, Bruce Willis, Giovanni Ribisi)

8.0/10 - Really decent thriller of a movie - what was more amusing as it involved chatting to people online. Good twists and Halle Berry is gorgeous so well worth a watch

Mad City

(John Travolta, Dustin Hoffman)

7/10 - an old movie but nevertheless one i've never seen before. Good movie all together that really shows the fickle side of people (especially the Media). Good movie in the end but it took a while to get going and so lost marks

Isolation

(Irish Horror Movie)

6.5/10 - to be fair, it was an amusing watch. A Irish farmer sells a cow to undergo genetic testing while it's pregnant and it gives birth to this crazy violent calf that is pregnant at birth. But what's she's carrying is much worse! A decent amount of suspense and the acting wasn't all together that bad. The creatures were standard cheesy horror. Well worth a watch and a laugh if you're bored

War

(Jet Li and Jason Statham)

5.5/10 - well made film with a decent twist to the end which to be fair, made me almost give this a 6. Found it hard to keep my concentration in the movie despite devon aoki being in it. Jet Li was pretty awesome but I still cant get over Jason Statham's american accent. On a different day, probably would have scored higher but not bad.

School For Scoundrels - 6/10

Normally I enjoy movies that feature Billy Bob Thornton in asshole-ish roles, but this one fell flat. Plus, how does Sarah Silverman keep getting work? Her "bitchy girlfriend and/or love interest's cock-blocking friend" schtick is beyond lame.

Really? I didn't think this movie was that bad, in fact i'd probably have given it a 7.5/10 - Billy Bob was standard self and i though the story was quite amusing. Then again, i may have just liked the movie because of the australia chick that was blatently awesome.

Edited by DaveKOTW