What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watched Tropic Thunder last night. Enjoyed it quite a bit, as I'd expected. 8.5 out of 10

Also watched 1408. It was better than your average horror, but nothing I'd watch again - John Cusack awesomeness aside. 7 out of 10

[REC] - 10/10.

Absolutely awesome. First movie that ever genuinely scared me; I had to watch a couple of documentaries before I went to sleep >_>

I almost bought it the other day. The write-up on the back of the cover looked really good. It was only when I noticed all the Spaniards in the movie I thought "hold on..." - At that point I realised it was Spanish with English subtitles. As good as the movie might be, I don't think I could watch one in subtitles. :(

Street Kings 7/10

I was lured into this for several reasons. Firstly there was Forrest Whitaker, who is let down by some bland lines. Then there was Hugh Laurie, who is hardly in it. There was Chris Evans who wasn't as good as I was hoping he would be, and finally it's an LA Cop movie, so I was hoping it would be like LA Confidential (James Ellroy, who wrote the book LA Con. is based on came up with the plot for Street Kings and co-wrote the script), or The Shield (which is one of the finest things on God's green Earth) or both. It actually stars Keanu Reeves, but I didn't care about that.

In the end, Street Kings is a good story told to an acceptable but far from great standard with performances to match and a script just below that.

That is what I thought until the plot twist which sets up the final twenty-minutes. The plot twist is obvious, and cliched, and makes Street Kings even more of a generic cop movie than it already was, BUT it does make for the most exciting part of the film, leads to the film's best scene and brings the best out of Forrest Whitaker, so it was a double-edged sword.

The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas - 8.5/10

An extremley moving movie, I watched it with two of my friends, who happened to be girls. They both cried, one of them was really crying at one point. The movie is well made and the acting is pretty decent, the two parents really shine. The whole thing showed the concentration camps from a younger point of view, the whole thing is a way reminded me of To Kill a Mockingbird, in that sense. You leave the cinema feeling depressed, but you realize what you've seen. A moving film which certaintly make you think.

Walk Hard.

Hilarious. Dewey Cox is a legend. I was laughing all the way. That and the music is really good.

Prime.

Girlfriend watched it, I half-wated it. Decent chick flick. Funny bits. Good cast.

House of 1000 Corpses.

Quality. 'nuff said.

Spent like 50 quid on 15ish DVDs. So lots to watch.

Superbad on Monday. Better on second watch.

Rocky yesterday. First time I've watched it all the way through. Loved it.

Rocky II today. See above.

I bought the Rocky boxset on Tuesday so I've definately got some viewing time on my hand over the next few days.

Mirrors: 7/10

Pretty good for a simple scare/shock flick, though then again, I scare easy >_>

The best part is about half way through the film, where they decide that nobody is going to buy into Keifer as anyone but Jack Bauer, leaving his character free to go shooting things and threatening nuns. Awesome.

Eagle Eye - 5/10

Yay, it's my review of Red Eye all over again, which is to say that while it's a ridiculous frickin' movie, it's a great ride that does some awesome things and runs with a few cool twists...until the ending sequence, which seems to suddenly turn the thing into something silly. Also, spoiler talk:

The ending where Shia gets shot about five times just so that he can have a briefly bum arm and kiss Michelle Monaghan is hilariously bad. For the five of you that saw it, remember the ending of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang where Gay Perry gets shot but lives which then requires Harry Lockhart to acknowledge "Why can't we just bring everyone back?" Well, it railed oddly against movies like Eagle Eye and their ridiculous endings. (Funny that Monaghan has a major role in both.)

Also, the blunt and obvious messages about the evils of the Patriot Act and privacy invasion were made far too obvious, and they really had to stoop to have the ending parallel what the screenwriters probably think of our current national conflict. There's speaking about our times in a nicely veiled way, then there's being far too freakin' obvious and preachy on your point.

Superbad on Monday. Better on second watch.

Rocky yesterday. First time I've watched it all the way through. Loved it.

Rocky II today. See above.

I bought the Rocky boxset on Tuesday so I've definately got some viewing time on my hand over the next few days.

Really? Maybe I'll have to watch it again then. After seeing it for the first time when it was new out, I didn't see what everyone saw in it to be honest. Preferred Knocked Up by a mile.

200px-Rory_oshea_was_here.jpg

Solid movie for those of you who haven't seen it. With the two crippled people trying to live out in the real world on their own and all, it kind of makes me take a step back and appreciate what I have and all. Definitely one of my favorite indy films that I have seen, but then again, I am a huge fan of most of the independent films that I have seen. Hopefully some of you have seen it or will check it out, but it's definitely worth the time if you can get over the weird talking of Michael in it.

I was watching Point Blank (good, typical early '90s film of awesomeness) and when that finished, watched some of the Jonathon Ross repeat.

As it got to the part I'd already seen, I flicked over, and the best that was on was the last part of the final of the LOTR trilogy, at the part where they have that big battle.

Battle finishes, I think it's gonna end so. No. It didn't it just keeps on going. What a big piece of wankery. I've never been a fan of goblins etc., but the excessive run times of this and Harry Potter just puts me off even more. The film could've ended about 10 times but needlessly came back for more. And the part where Frodo is in bed dreaming or whatever and the other guys come in, and two of them jump up and down on the bed? The only way that could've been even more homoerotic is if they got their wangs out.

I'm sorry, if you like this sort of, more power to you, but I just don't get the hype of wasting 3 hours of my life on one film when I could easily watch two better/as good (depending on your opinion) films in the same time frame.

I did catch some of the alate action scenes on The Island too (the part with the train wheels off the back of a truck). It looked awesome as well, but the quick changing camera angles on my small TV was a bit of a mind riot. I imagine it would've been even better on a larger screen.

I was watching Point Blank (good, typical early '90s film of awesomeness) and when that finished, watched some of the Jonathon Ross repeat.

As it got to the part I'd already seen, I flicked over, and the best that was on was the last part of the final of the LOTR trilogy, at the part where they have that big battle.

Battle finishes, I think it's gonna end so. No. It didn't it just keeps on going. What a big piece of wankery. I've never been a fan of goblins etc., but the excessive run times of this and Harry Potter just puts me off even more. The film could've ended about 10 times but needlessly came back for more. And the part where Frodo is in bed dreaming or whatever and the other guys come in, and two of them jump up and down on the bed? The only way that could've been even more homoerotic is if they got their wangs out.

I'm sorry, if you like this sort of, more power to you, but I just don't get the hype of wasting 3 hours of my life on one film when I could easily watch two better/as good (depending on your opinion) films in the same time frame.

I did catch some of the alate action scenes on The Island too (the part with the train wheels off the back of a truck). It looked awesome as well, but the quick changing camera angles on my small TV was a bit of a mind riot. I imagine it would've been even better on a larger screen.

You been watching Clerks II aswell? :blush:

Watched In Bruges last night (finally) and can see why everyone body raves about it. The ending was...i'm not sure how to phrase it but i liked it...seemed to fit well with abit of ridiculuosness (fecking big words >.>). It had me laughing alot more than it should've and didn't make me hate Colin Farrell. Brendan Gleeson is all kinds of awesome...shame about Fiennes not sure there was any need for the accent.

I watched 'You Don't Mess With The Zohan' today, and while it wasn't epicly funny I ended up enjoying it.

The only thing anyone told me about it was that it shows Sandler as a one trick pony... but then again, I've always thought if you know he's a one trick pony & you don't enjoy the trick, then why bother to watch?

It was mostly dumb humour but it was an enjoyable watch. (:

7/10

Just got done watching "Awake" with Hayden Christiansen and Jessica Alba (:wub:)

I have to say, I thought it was brilliant. I'd read mixed reviews before watching it so didn't know what to expect, but I enjoyed every bit of it. The part I enjoyed most was probably the...

ZOMG MOVIE SPOILER

...Jessica Alba heel-turn. Brilliant. Never saw it coming at all.

The film had lots of twists and turns and kept you guessing all the way through it. I'll happily give it 8/10.