What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Observe And Report.

I don't know. It was funny during parts, especially at the beginning. But once you learn a few things about the main character and see how he acts because of it, it becomes a bit hard to laugh.

Could you explain to me what you learn about the main character? I don't want to see the film - I can't stand Seth Rogen - and Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it except he has fantasies of being a policeman.

Obviously put it in spoiler tags.

It's about this bi-polar mall cop who wants to be a real cop and things start to go wrong for him after he stops taking his medication. I'm not a big Seth Rogen fan either but the movie was funny in places and better than the other hordes of slapstick comedy that we see nowadays in the sense that it had a more stronger, serious message underneath the comic appearance.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Didn't like it. It's probably a faulty means of judging, but one of the ways I judge the quality of a film is runtime:time it feels like it ran. Wolverine was something like an hour and fourty minutes, but it felt like for-fucking-ever. I think there may've been about 20-25 minutes of the film that I really enjoyed, and that's about it. The rest just seemed to drag on and on and just yech. Also, the dude that played Gambit sucked. Didn't like the corny-ass Vader LOOK UP TO THE SKY AND SCREAM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crap either. Corny as fuck.

All in all, I wouldn't reccomend it. Actually, I'd reccomend the parts where (spoilers)

Wolverine & Sabretooth fought Deadpool, and when Stryker and his team went to Nigeria to get that rock of Adamantium. Oh, also, another thing I wasn't a fan of? Agent Zero/David North dying. I always kinda liked him in the comics, sucked to see him die.

12 Monkeys - 9/10

Couldn't decide between 8 and 9 but rounded it up to 9. I love how everything falls into place at the end... it's brilliant. Possibly the best plot twists I've ever seen in a film.

Star Trek 8/10

It's not Star Trek as I know it. Star Trek is a science-fiction film and TV series for sci-fi fans, what this is is a young, hip action film for the masses. That just happens to be called Star Trek.

What it does do is make a great job out of making a good story that keeps every other bit of Star Trek through the Classic. Next Generation, DS9 etc eras cannon while creating a whole new alternative universe - and thus whole new franchise, neatly avoiding complaints that an event may contradict Star Trek episodes then, well, seperate universe bitch! It also explains wonderfully why Pike isn't a paraplegic and Spock, McCoy and Uhura are about 20 years younger than their alternative selves were in the original series.

Since this isn't sceince fiction or Star Trek, this is action, then the film is good in this respect also, with some good action scenes. It does suffer a lack of character depth of any real kind and after a few opening act scenes McCoy is barely in it at all which sucks, but hey there's many more films to come, blatantly.

It was only going to get a 7.5 as it's generally simply a GOOD film, but it ends really well and after a film which does throw a lot of references for the fanboy, the last minute or so is immense.

It's not my favourite star trek film, it's maybe not my top three, but I did enjoy it, and I can see how this could be the best Star Trek film in the eyes of casual fans and cinema-goers that haven't seen the others. Also like I said it isn't really Star Trek, this is a bold, edgy, sci-fi lite action series for everyone to enjoy and I look forward to more adventures in this new universe, that may as well be called "Ultimate Star Trek."

I watched the entire series of The Black Donnellys the last couple of days.

Seriously, fuck NBC, it was awesome. The ending was a bit weak, IMO, but the rest of the series was awesome and wish it would've gotten more time.

Star Trek 8/10

It's not Star Trek as I know it. Star Trek is a science-fiction film and TV series for sci-fi fans, what this is is a young, hip action film for the masses. That just happens to be called Star Trek.

What it does do is make a great job out of making a good story that keeps every other bit of Star Trek through the Classic. Next Generation, DS9 etc eras cannon while creating a whole new alternative universe - and thus whole new franchise, neatly avoiding complaints that an event may contradict Star Trek episodes then, well, seperate universe bitch! It also explains wonderfully why Pike isn't a paraplegic and Spock, McCoy and Uhura are about 20 years younger than their alternative selves were in the original series.

Since this isn't sceince fiction or Star Trek, this is action, then the film is good in this respect also, with some good action scenes. It does suffer a lack of character depth of any real kind and after a few opening act scenes McCoy is barely in it at all which sucks, but hey there's many more films to come, blatantly.

It was only going to get a 7.5 as it's generally simply a GOOD film, but it ends really well and after a film which does throw a lot of references for the fanboy, the last minute or so is immense.

It's not my favourite star trek film, it's maybe not my top three, but I did enjoy it, and I can see how this could be the best Star Trek film in the eyes of casual fans and cinema-goers that haven't seen the others. Also like I said it isn't really Star Trek, this is a bold, edgy, sci-fi lite action series for everyone to enjoy and I look forward to more adventures in this new universe, that may as well be called "Ultimate Star Trek."

I completely agree with you, although I'm coming from the other end of the spectrum as a non-fan of Star Trek. I don't really get into heavy sci-fi (probably why I always preferred the epic fantasy of Star Wars), but this is a really digestible futuristic action movie. It has relaunched the series in a way one could suggest lends itself to continued and sustainable success with this wonderful cast and JJ Abrams' outstanding creative team. And hey, what this definitely opens the door to for Trekkies is that a network decides to get in on the action and orders a new series. And since in this day and age no network can afford the kind of budget required for a big action film, the likely result is a more hardline science fiction series. Nonetheless, I definitely enjoyed this one and look forward to any prospective series with this cast.

Push - 6.5/10

It was good but the ending sucks majorly, especially given it's opening and the fact that there probably won't be a sequel and that really brought it down. Other than that it was good movie.

Brutal Massacre. Eight awesomes out of eight. Gunnar Hansen was fucking awesome in this film, I think hands down my favourite character.

"Do whatever you want! I'm just gonna tear the motherfucker down and rebuild it!"

Role Models - 8/10

It was great. Loved that they came out as KISS at the end, even if it were obvious. Oh and JD's girlfriend in Scrubs who he knocks up being in it was a coincidence, as those episodes are the ones being shown on E4 and/or Comedy Central/Paramount right now. Also, I've never really noticed it before, but Sean William Scott looks quite a bit like Christian Cage.

Angels & Demons - 9/10

I enjoyed this a lot more than I did The DaVinci Code. I didn't read the book but it looked good enough for me to go check it out. It's a lot faster paced than DaVinci code but at the same time, the overall pacing of the film is better. I thought these characters were more interesting than their counterparts from DaVinci code (EX: McGregor's McKenna vs. Molina's Aringarosa).

I like how they sort of played off of the big twist from DaVinci code by mimicking it then flipping it on it's head at the end of the movie. The nameless (at least I didn't catch a name) pawn in the scheme of things as done really well. Nicely acted though his lines, were a little weak. For a character that whenever he opens his mouth should say something profound, it was a little by the book bad guy for me.

Overall, it's not going to be one of those amazing classic movies for all of time, but it's fun and really that's all that matters in a mystery type film.

Technically I watched this yesterday.

Knowing- 6/10

I found myself fucking disturbed by the end of the movie, which is rather hard to do to me. Don't take your kids to see this or rent it for them to watch it for that matter. Minus the creepyness and insomnia that it seemed to have bestowed upon me, it was nothing more then a souped up version of those disaster movies you see on the Sci-Fi channel every once in a while.

X-Men Origins Wolverine (***) - Unremarkable, by the numbers superhero film.

Synecdoche New York (*) - Painful, self indulgent bollocks. Needed a different director to cut out a lot of Kaufman's esoteric waffle.

Angels and Demons (**) - Better than the original, but still dull.

Grandma's Boy for about the 100th time.. total classic. 10/10.

And Observe and Report the other day. Was a little weird but I didn't mind it. If it wasn't for the strange ending I probably would've walked out of the cinema disappointed. A very what-the-fuck movie. 6/10.