What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Guest John Kerry's Evil Twin

Undercover Brother: 3.5/10. The script was hard to follow, and it seemed like a lame attempt at racial humor (that's right, humor, no second "U"). Dave Chapelle was the only bright spot of the movie. Other than that, thumbs down.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9.7/10

Finally saw it and it lived up to my expectations and more. Not much to say about this movie except that it was just awesome.

The Girl Next Door - 6.5/10

I know I am only giving it a 6.5, but I really enjoyed this movie and am gonna put it on my Christmas list (I usually reserve getting movies on DVD for movies scoring atleast an 8).

I'M BACK. LOVE ME. :shifty:

Two months without the internet is a bitch. Luckily, I kept track of the movies I saw. :thumbsup:

2004 movies I saw for the first time, in order, since Sept. 2nd....

Ladder 49 - 6/10 (Twice) *

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 4/10 (Thrice) *

The Manchurian Candidate - 6/10 *

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow - 6/10 (Twice) *

Anacondas: The Hunt For The Blood Orchid - 3/10 *

Cellular - 5/10 *

Wimbledon - 6/10 *

BAADASSSSS! - 7/10 *

National Lampoon’s Gold Diggers - 4/10 *

The Forgotten - 5/10 *

Mr. 3000 - 6/10 *

The Cookout - 3/10 *

Paparazzi - 3/10 *

Shark Tale - 7/10 (Thrice) *

Black Cloud - 3/10 *

Going Upriver: The Long War Of John Kerry - 6/10 * (Twice)

Taxi - 5/10 * (Twice)

First Daughter - 5/10 *

Friday Night Lights - 7/10 * (Thrice)

Super Size Me - 7/10 *

Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason - 6/10 *

I Heart Huckabees - 8/10 * (Thrice)

Team America: World Police - 8/10 (4 Times) *

Saints And Soldiers - 6/10 *

Shall We Dance? - 5/10 *

Criminal - 8/10 *

The Grudge - 4/10 *

Surviving Christmas - 5/10 *

Other movies...

Brown Sugar - 7/10

The Professional - 8/10

Antwone Fisher - 5/10

Runaway Jury - 6/10

Wonderland - 4/10

The Matrix Reloaded - 6/10

Soul Plane - 4/10

Harold And Maude - 8/10

Nightmare Before Christmas - 9/10

Beautiful Girls - 7/10

Garden State - 7/10 (Thrice)

Airplane - 9/10

Bubba Ho-Tep - 7/10

The Player - 5/10

Drumline - 3/10

The Rules Of Attraction - 5/10

Eyes Wide Shut - 4/10

Private Parts - 8/10

American Splendor - 8/10

Clerks - 7/10 (Thrice)

Mallrats - 8/10

Chasing Amy - 10/10

Dogma - 9/10

Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back - 9/10

Fight Club - 10/10

Camp - 3/10

True Lies - 8/10

Chasing Liberty - 4/10

Akira - 5/10

Hero - 8/10

Once Upon A Time In Mexico - 6/10

Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle - 4/10

How To Deal - 4/10

Grind - 4/10

21 Grams - 8/10

Coffee And Cigarettes - 6/10

Evil Dead - 8/10

Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn - 6/10

Army Of Darkness - 7/10

Rounders - 7/10

Mean Girls - 6/10 (Twice)

I, Robot - 4/10 (Twice)

Collateral - 7/10 (Twice)

Shaun Of The Dead - 6/10 (Twice)

The Bourne Supremacy - 8/10

Jersey Girl - 6/10(Thrice)

Matchstick Men - 7/10

Ghost World - 7/10

The Cooler - 5/10

American Wedding - 5/10

All The Real Girls - 9/10 (Twice)

Out Cold - 4/10

B0000WN1PO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Grind - 5/10 or (**) I don't know why I do, but I keep watching this. May I mention some of the stupid bits? No. Somehow, it may be one of the more entertaining 5s I've seen in a while.

Welcome back Numbahs. ^_^

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Shark Tale

4/10

Or, for those of you that feels the need to simplify all your fractions,

2/5.

Or, for those of you that feel the need to concert to decimal...

Team America: World Police 9/10

I rate it so highly because it's the funniest movie i've seen in ages. However, I can easily see how some will find it highly immature comedy, so it's definately not for everyone. Personally, I don't think I stopped laughing once throughout the movie and everyone else in the theater seemed to be in the same position.

In the past couple days:

B00005JMXX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Day After Tomorrow - ***

This is a movie that rides almost entirely on its hefty special effects budget, but somehow the end result is entirely enjoyable. The combination of Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Sela Ward, Ian Holm and Emmy Rossum ensure that the acting is more than up to scratch; especially the underused yet strong performance of Holm, who plays Terry Rapson, the scientist who along with Quaid's Jack Hall is responsible for discovering the storm in it's early stages. Now, a lot of the discussion regarding this movie is in criticism of its unlikely premise, and perhaps the detractors are correct in this right. However, since seeing a movie always requires a suspension of disbelief, the average moviegoer is bound to be enthralled with this action packed and amazing looking thriller. Thumbs up.

B00005JN46.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Shark Tale - ***

After watching this movie last night I was unable to understand the negative reaction to it. This comedy is one that I enjoyed thoroughly, even if it wasn't brain surgery. Then it finally occurred to me while looking through the critics reviews; people had misappropriated expectations. Critics were expecting another Finding Nemo; what they got was not even for the same audience. Shark Tale may be billed under the premise of a children's movie, but the content really doesn't back up the reputation. There's a ton of pop culture references that wouldn't resonate with children in the least, but I think this makes it a perfect movie for parents with children. While there's plenty of the classic children's lore, there's also that intelligence factor, which hits adults with a funny line whenever the plot starts to slide a bit. Flawed, but good comedy. Thumbs up.

poster.jpg

Paparazzi - **

This film is the ultimate conundrum. While it's obvious that fans enjoy their sadistic violence and revenge movies, who other than a celebrity really identifies with the almost sadomasochistic revenge on a group of stalkarazzi? The second film of the year from Mel Gibson's Icon Productions fails to live up to either the hype or the quality of its first. While both "The Passion of the Christ" and "Paparazzi" are both liberal in their use of violence ("Passion" even more so), this movie has neither an audience nor a clear sense of good and bad. I'm not sure, but I believe this movie sends the message that stalking and causing a celebrity to get in a near fatal crash is bad, and yet the vengeful murder of 3 people as a result is somehow good. Putting the moral and marketability issues aside, there's something to be said for writing that doesn't lose all of its creativity slightly beyond the halfway point. There were elements of this film that were very creative, but beyond the 45 minute mark it gets as blunt as the object the main character uses for his final murder victim. Now it's not to say there weren't good elements to the movie. Dennis Farina, Cole Hauser and Robin Tunney are all solid in their roles, and some of the action sequences are a guilty pleasure. However on an overall level, this movie has too many negatives and too few positives. Thumbs down.