What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watched Spy tonight. Pretty enjoyable flick. I enjoy Melissa McCarthy swearing at shit never fails to tickle me, Statham is fun, and I'd still do nasty shit to Rose Byrne. 

So, Rogue Nation was a pretty fun summer blockbuster. It's got a lot of twists and turns that you'd come to expect from an MI film, so not a lot of surprises, but still, solid fun. Rebecca Ferguson's femme fatale character was actually the best part of the whole film, she holds her own as the only female on the cast and actually much better ass than Cruise does.

Edited by Benkid

So, Rogue Nation was a pretty fun summer blockbuster. It's got a lot of twists and turns that you'd come to expect from an MI film, so not a lot of surprises, but still, solid fun. Rebecca Ferguson's femme fatale character was actually the best part of the whole film, she holds her own as the only female on the cast and actually much better ass than Cruise does.

Wow. Tom Cruise's ass is great, so that's really saying something.

• Like 6

Finally got round to seeing both On The Waterfront and Charade, both great for entirely differences reasons, except for the presence of iconic Hollywood stars in both absolutely stealing the show. Brando is iconic and Grant, even in his later years, is as brilliant and charming as ever. 

Was somewhat let down by L'Atalante, as it's so highly spoken of. I appreciated it, but it just joined a long list of 'classics' that I just didn't love as much as everyone else. Summer with Monika was a worthy chapter of Bergman's filmography: it's a very raw, and a little bit hit and miss, but there's still so much magic in the film that only someone like Bergman is capable of. 

And for a bit of research, I watched two British dramas about gang violence. Honeytrap has a fantastic lead performance, but not a lot else, and Kidulthood is entertaining for what it is, even if it tries a little bit too hard, it's still quite endearing, which is maybe a strange phrase to describe a film which is mostly about teenage sex and violence, but I think it's kind of apt. 

• Like 1

Far From the Madding Crowd is pretty good. Carey Mulligan is a pretty great Bathsheba, and Michael Sheen is always good at playing a guy with a stick up his ass. I was really looking forward to this, especially after Vinterberg blew me away with the Hunt, and I think I came away satisfied. The locations they shot at were beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...