What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I still haven't watched all of UKS S2 yet, but man, that episode about critics and the internet was pretty awful, wasn't it? It seemed like they saw the criticisms of Jane Krakowski playing a Native American from season 1, and instead of saying anything thoughtful or meaningful (or funny) about it, they went "THE INTERNET IS DUMB AND HATES EVERYTHING! If you'd just give it a chance you might actually like it!"

EDIT: I think I may have bitched about this episode before. If not here then to GoGo on Facebook. I don't remember.

Just finished Kimmy Schmidt SS2 last night. I love, love, love Kimmy's story arc in this season. I was really left unsatisfied with how things were resolved though. The rest of the characters' stories were fine enough. Didn't become that big a fan of any of the new characters brought in this season

Edited by I Diem

Went in expecting to enjoy Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens, but feel a tad cynical about it, but it's fantastic fun. The stuff about it being a bit of a copy of A New Hope isn't nearly as justified as I assumed it would be (it had similar beats, but made them entirely its own). A tad slow to start, but it made up for it in the latter two thirds.

• Like 1

AT THE HEART OF THE SEA 

Based on the true story that Moby Dick was based on. Good film, but does take some liberties. The framing sequence with Herman Melville interviewing the last surviving crew member never happened in real life, for instance.

*edited to add* Most likely up next (unless we watch something on On Demand instead): THE PEANUTS MOVIE.

Edited by GhostMachine

Yesterday I watched It's a Disaster. I thought it was going to be absolutely pants but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Its like Right at your Door mixed with Le Dinner de Cons. At the first gag I was thinking this will be awful but carried on and it got really awkward/funny as it went along.

And today I watched Exam and Extracted. I like films that are set in one room or place because of the challenge. Exam was pretty good, it lost a bit towards the end but it was a damn good effort. It takes a lot to make a 90 minute film set in only one room watchable. And it had Colin Salmon who should defo be the next Bond if Big Driis isn't available. I enjoyed Extraction, it was like Inception with the budget of Primer. I like these low budget scifi films. 

On 5/13/2016 at 11:36, Benji said:

• Like 1

Just now, Benji said:

Why be a dick and post that? :(

Because it is about the best scene that shows that comedy shows can do drama better than serious shows. Darling. 

Pleasantville is great. I forgot how much I liked this film. Trivia fact: since so many scenes had to be digitally altered to have characters in black-and-white interacting with characters in color, this movie technically had the most digital effects shots until The Phantom Menace came out. 

• Like 1

I'm watching Hotel Rwanda. Might just watch Schindler's List afterwards. And then I might just kick myself in the balls just to complete the suffering. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, GA! said:

try living here

I feel adequately educated about it after seeing that film and meeting people from Grimsby :shifty: 

Edited by MDK

Mustang is the best film I've seen this year. 

The new X-Men has a bunch of cool stuff going for it, but it feels completely hollow without the kind of emotional drama and character investment that actually make films more than a pretty spectacle.