What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy: 7/10

Amusing film with some pretty good visuals.

B00094AS9U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Bride and Prejudice - 7/10

Just as good the /forum/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=5&hl=Bride,and,Prejudice&view=findpost&p=346101">second time around. I know this for certain; any film Gurinder Chadha directs, or any English language film Aishwarya Rai stars in, I'm there.

Rumor Has It

2/10

I'm not going to bother searching for a poster image, it doesn't deserve one. It was utter shite. Predictable, pathetic, generally impossible to take seriously. Luckily there were only four or five other people in the cinema, so my talking throughout didn't ruin it for anyone. In fact, on a few occassions it noticeably enhanced it. When the most enjoyable part of the film is people in the audience yelling "JUMANJI!", you know it's shite.

NEVER. EVER. Watch this. EVER.

On a plus side, it's got that guy from Thirteen Going On Thirty in it. He's a tad typecast, isn't he?

where_the_buffalo_roam.jpg

7/10

Long before Depp wowed us with his portrayl of the twisted yet legendary Hunter S. Thompson, Bill Murray played the role with Peter Boyle taking on his sidekick: Carl Lazlo, Esq. Now an oft made error is trying to compare the two films. In my opinion, it is apples and oranges. Where the Buffalo Roam is far more grounded than its famous brother, but in no way less entertaining.

A Cock and Bull Story - 7/10

Mostly a good comedy, but it drags too much in places, particulary in the second half. Whilst there are lots of giggles, it isn't really a laugh out loud sort of film either, and a lot of the film isn't really 'about' much. Also, Stephen Fry is horribley under-used, and a few of the laughs rely on a prior knowkledge of Alan Partridge. Still a good comedy for the most part with some good lines and laughs, most of the comedy coming from the bickering between Ccoogan and Brydon, and I'd say that any fan of British comedy should check it out.

A Cock And Bull Story 7/10

First half is better than the second. Generally funny, with a couple of really GOOD comedy moments. Drags a bit later on when they are finishing the film off. End credits are funny. "That's Columbo!" :D

The New World: 8/10

Absolutely STUNNING Cinematography, with good performance between all actors, but this is a Malick film, so its not for eveyone....especially if your looking for action, you won't find it in this film. It's still a great film.

Munich

7/10. I didn't really see what all the hype was about. It has its stirring moments and, as you'd expect from Spielberg, it's well made - but it lacks a lot of pace and has some bits that just plain drag.