What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Blues Brothers: 8.5/10

Seriously funny, great soundtrack, fantastic car chanse scenes that revolutionised the industry as well as reminding us cchases don't have to be serious.

Theatre Of Blood: 8.5/10

Vincent Price hams it up as a hammy Shakespearian actor, who driven to suicide by critical reviews of his performances in his lead roles, jumps to his death but is rescued by a bunch of down and outs and returns to kill all of the critics who cost him his chance of an award.

And how does he kill them?!

By using deaths from Shakespeare plays! Sensational!

Setting is great, Price's command of the camera is fantastic and the shooting of the film is seriously great.

And it's from 1973!

Fletch

I mark for Chevy Chase! And the 'Fletch' character! Whoooo! This is a really good comedy, that hits waaaaaaay more often than it misses. Chase is excellent, his delivery of the deadpan wisecracks is absolutely perfect, and I 'lol'ed many times throughout the film. Basically, he infiltrates a police-run drugs ring on the West Coast somewhere, and in particular the lynchpin Police Chief and Wealthy Smuggler Guy. The plot is decent enough for a comedy movie, and everyone around Chase gives perfunctionary enough performances. HUMOUROUS FILM, I SAY!

Score: 7.5/10

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

Good Burger - 6.5/10 Ahhh, 90s nostalgia. I remember watching this as a kid, and though it isn't always funny, it does keep you watching.

Bowling for Columbine - 8/10 This film is well done. Moore's points are a mixed bag as at some points I agreed (Marilyn Manson's point that music doesn't cause murder, media propaganda instates fear), at some points I disagreed (the US war montage). However, the film's style to go from dry humor to the drama of Columbine and the case in Flint is a very well done style that makes BFC immensely entertaining and engrossing at the same time.

Devil In The Flesh 2 - 2.5/10 A bad sequel to a film that was only watchable because of Rose F'n McGowan.

Fletch

I mark for Chevy Chase! And the 'Fletch' character! Whoooo! This is a really good comedy, that hits waaaaaaay more often than it misses. Chase is excellent, his delivery of the deadpan wisecracks is absolutely perfect, and I 'lol'ed many times throughout the film. Basically, he infiltrates a police-run drugs ring on the West Coast somewhere, and in particular the lynchpin Police Chief and Wealthy Smuggler Guy. The plot is decent enough for a comedy movie, and everyone around Chase gives perfunctionary enough performances. HUMOUROUS FILM, I SAY!

Score: 7.5/10

I love Fletch although Fletch 2 was pretty shitty.

Today I saw The Jerk with Steve Martin. Hilarious movie. What do you expect when it starts out with Martin as a bum saying, "I was born a poor black boy." A great piece comedy. 8/10.

Anchorman- 9/10 Brilliant. Not as good as Old School though, which I give a 10.

Dodgeball- 7/10 well, really 6/10 but an extra point for the lead actress(forget her name, Ben Stiller's wife) making out with another girl.

The Omen- 8/10 I loved this movie. Mostly because its satanic...

Catch Me if You Can- 8/10 This movie is one of my favorites by Speilberg.

2718.jpg

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - 5/10 This is a true mixed bag. On one hand, you have some truly terribly done special effects. On the other hand, Bernie Mac's humor is pretty good not to mention the appearance of the great John Cleese. So it gets a middle of the road grade of a 5. Also, Cameron Diaz is officially not hot.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00008EYA5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

SWAT - 6/10

Don't you just love when American movies pick the French as villains and refer to them as frogs? I should get that out of the way, because it's really my only bone of contention with this film. There is nothing impressive about the acting, or scripting in this movie. It's not that kind of film. Instead, it's a action packed, mostly bite and little bark movie that focuses more on an awesome aesthetic quality, along with some brilliant action sequences. It's also one of those movies that oozes testosterone, although not in cheezy misogynist fashion. It's a pop corn movie, and a pretty good one at that. Thumbs up, if you're in that kind of mood.

Last Action Hero - 6.5/10

One of my favorite movies from the Governator (behind Total Recall and The Running Man) most parts are so hilariously stupid, it's just great.

Kill Bill vol. 1 - 8.5/10

Still great the second time. It makes me realize how good vol. 2 was compared to this. This was possibly the best role Lucy Liu has ever had and she played it very well.

017_EYES_WIDE_SHUT.jpg

Eyes Wide Shut - 5.5/10 One of the weirdest movies I have ever seen in my life. Practically every thing in it is just strange especially the mask scenes. It's a mighty strange way for us to remember Kubrick.

The Princess Bride -8.5/10

Probably my second favorite family movie of all time (the first being Spirited Away). Perfect cast, very good writing, and lovely dialogue.