Rush.

Toe

Not a major Rush fan, but I was blown away the first time I ever heard Tom Sawyer, and its still just as awesome a song.

Other than Tom Sawyer, the only songs by them I can think of that I like are Limelight and Distant Early Warning, but there are probably a few others.

Meh, I have friends who can't shut up about them but I can't stand 2112... the whole concept of long songs is just really unappealing to me for the most part. I like a few songs here and there, but I'm more interested in Rush.. when they do things outside of music, or are by extension mentioned by outside sources.

"It's Saturday night, I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix-tape. Let's rock."

Guest Mr. Potato Head

There are at least 4 different Rush live albums, so you'd have to be more specific.

But I'm not a big fan of Rush live...this seems stupid, I know, but I like live music to sound different than the regular albums.

Fair enough. Some people just don't like their style, and some of their early fans despise the newer stuff they did.

Any live video or song is awesome, because the skills of Geddy Lee just are shown off huge. Especially on the duelling solos he does with Lifeson.

Edited by desiredtoe

There are at least 4 different Rush live albums, so you'd have to be more specific.

But I'm not a big fan of Rush live...this seems stupid, I know, but I like live music to sound different than the regular albums.

Sorry, the one I meant was "Exit...Stage Left"

I agree with your point though, I like live albums to sound different too, even if its only acoustics.

Guest Pringle

Roll the bones, Tom Sawyer, 2112, Spirit of Radio, Fly By Night, Limelight, The Tree's, Freewill, Subdivions and Working Man are my favourite Rush songs

I fucking LOVE Rush

• 2 weeks later...

Remembered this topic from a couple of weeks ago so i didn't bother starting a new topic for this, but the new single is actually up on the Rush home page right now. It's quite amazing. I wasn't even aware there was a new album being released to be honest.

Edited by BleedMe